XCode 8 doesn't hit breakpoints

First I had some issues with breakpoints and Messages extension as I couldn't hit any breakpoint on the extension. Now it's my App target which isn't working with breakpoints. I use my App's target, run into simulator but no breakpoint is ever called. I get NSLog prints into the debugger but for breakpoint seems nonexistant.

I created a new project and breakpoints work just fine. I've compared every single Build Setting from my project to this new project and they're the same, the run scheme specifies the Debug build configuration and I've runned out of ideas of what might be broken but it's starting to be annoying to develop without breakpoints working.

I've seen a couple of post for XCode 8 breakpoints not working too but no answer to them.

Any ideas about this issue? Is this a known issue? I'm using XCode 8.0(8A218a)

Accepted Reply

I managed to fix this issue by removing the xcuserdata folders beneath the xcodeproj and by removing defaults

defaults delete com.apple.dt.Xcode.LSSharedFileList 
defaults delete com.apple.dt.Xcode

This reset the XCode defaults and I got the breakpoints to work again

Replies

I managed to fix this issue by removing the xcuserdata folders beneath the xcodeproj and by removing defaults

This reset the XCode defaults and I got the breakpoints to work again

Hi I am using the latest version of XCode, and since yesterday all my breakpoints stop working. I have tried the following without luck

when I try the first line:

I get an error saying domain com.apple.dt.Xcode.LSSharedFileList cannot be found.

Any Ideas what else I can do to fix it?

Hi,

did you fixed your issue? I have now the same problem, only for one project, but I can't find a solution to make the breakpoints working :-(..

In all other porjects debugger works.

I tried also to get a very old version of my project (with the same name) . For this, the same problem occurs.

I tried to clean project, reset simulator, but without success.

Thanks for help in advance

Kind regards Stefan

Maybe the project configure is breaked