Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Hi All,

I'm attempting to upload a new version of our app. We're using the Ionic/cordova framework, and everything is up to date as of 9/28/16. After I submit new archives, it processes for a couple minutes and then sends out an email saying that the build was rejected, due to a missing push notification entitlement. Full details here:

"Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app includes an API for Apple's Push Notification service, but the aps-environment entitlement is missing from the app's signature. To resolve this, make sure your App ID is enabled for push notification in the Provisioning Portal. Then, sign your app with a distribution provisioning profile that includes the aps-environment entitlement. This will create the correct signature, and you can resubmit your app. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API."

I've submitted this app many many times, on this same laptop, with no issues (with push notifications working fine), but all of a sudden I'm stopped in my tracks. Going on day 3 without being able to submit. I signed into apple developer and created a new provisioning profile, and deleted all of the old ones. I did the same from within xcode. The new profile lists "Game Center, In-App Purchase, Push Notifications" as enabled services. The provisioning profile type expires in 3 months, is listed as valid, and the type is "OS Distribution". Furthermore, I made sure that this was the profile we were using during the submission process.

Any ideas? I'm trying to stay positive here, but getting pretty frustrated. I don't really have any information to debug with.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Replies

Same Issue.

have any Idea ?

This also happens to me now, even though I haven't changed anything regarding push messages.

seems like apple have changed something at the end of sept ... 26th or something that is effecting a few people with submissions.

Same for me 😟

Using Ionic Framework:

Cordova CLI: 6.3.1

Ionic Framework Version: 1.3.1

Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0

Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0-beta.20

ios-deploy version: Not installed

ios-sim version: 5.0.8

Node Version: v4.5.0

Xcode version: Xcode 8.0 Build version 8A218a

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of pckz Down vote reply of pckz

Adding the Entitlements.plist file resolved this issue for me:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39594073/post-ios10-xcode-8-0-missing-push-notification-entitlement-error-after-build

Don't forget to add the filename of the entitlements file to the "Code Signing Entitlements" key (CODE_SIGN_ENTITLEMENTS) (Target > Build Settings)

I solved doing a few things

1. Create Entitlements.plist file, exactly as @MBJ says
  2. In the targets, under Capabilities enable Push Notifications to add Push Notifications Entitlements

After that in the logs of xcode you will see:

GCM Sender ID (null)

Using APNS Notification

Push Plugin register success: <xxxx xxxx [...] xxxx>

Step 1: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39594073/post-ios10-xcode-8-0-missing-push-notification-entitlement-error-after-build

Step 2: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39490605/push-notification-issue-with-ios-10?answertab=votes#tab-top

Hi, how do you add the Entitlement.plist file to your Ionic/Cordova project?

Did you manage to solve this issue for Ionic?