Custom notification sound does not play in iOS10

Hi,

I am currently running iOS 10.0.2 with Xcode 8.0 and the custom sound does not play when I push a notification with the new UNMutableNotificationContent.

BUT,

The custom sound will be play when I remove the App from iPhone before to run my App by Xcode, or install by App Store.

I think, it is a bug in the iOS10.

Replies

I am also experiencing this issue (although I am not using UNMutableNotificationContent). Rather then deleting the app, I've noticed that rebooting the phone resolves the issue. However this isn't an appropriate solution for my customers. Any one else have any experience with this?

Yes, the custome notification sound can be play after reboot the device.

It is bad experience.

yes it's a bug in iOs 10, discussed here https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/63186

Tried to create new thread but it would not let me so posting here! Please developers kindly answer the multitudes of queries concerning our missing our phone calls when phone is locked after updating to ios10 one of your members missed an emergency family call and this is absolutely appalling. Kindly fix this bug or at least add option to never silence phone as opposed to the limited "always" or "only when phone locked" Thanks