How can I disable haptic feedback in Interface Builder?

Interface builder gives me haptic feedback when elements snap to a guide, but it feels like I am pressing the trackpad.

My fingers get confused by this false feedback.

How can I turn this feature off?

Replies

I want to disable this as well. It's extremely irritating, and makes it feel like I'm inadvertently clicking when I'm not.

On a side note, why not put all the shiny happy people who thought this was a good idea in charge of shiny happy iOS usertoys, and leave the Xcode featureset to people who actually have to code for a living. We can't have Swift refactorings, but we can have haptic feedback in IB? That's silly

It feels like my finger is releasing the trackpad button whenever an element snaps to a guide, which it does a lot.

So, I keep trying to repress the trackpad. This causes me to use way too much pressure.

It gives my fingers the kreeps.

So, after two snaps I remember to plug in my mouse and use that instead.

Very, very bad 'feature' or should we call it an epic design failure?

+1

In case anyone reads this in 2022... I almost threw my computer out the (still closed) window when trying to move a label. The brain immediately reacts to the haptics and releases the trackpad, making it virtually impossible to use.

It can (sort of) be disabled in the Trackpad -> Point & Click tab of System Preferences by deselecting "Force Click and haptic feedback.