appStoreReceiptURL broken on iOS 10 ?

Our app was working fine on iOS9 with appStoreReceiptURL returning a valid receipt location for both sandbox and release versions of our app. We use it to find out the original purchase date of our app.

iOS 10 has broken this and we are no longer receiving a valid url for the receipt on our production app. It still works ok on sandbox. The url returned on a release build is:-

file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/5AF6C66F-1D92-51A9-88A5-C7A432982135/StoreKit/sandboxReceipt

and File does not exist at receipt path file:///private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/5AF6C66F-1D92-51A9-88A5-C7A432982135/StoreKit/sandboxReceipt on a release build. Why is it looking for a sandbox receipt?

Is this a bug in iOS10 or is appStoreReceiptURL no longer supported?

Replies

I am facing this issue with iOS 10 as well. Something has changed with appStoreReceiptURL API in iOS 10.

Will be great to get an answer about this.

Have you tried SKReceiptRefreshRequest? Depending on how an app is installed in the device there may or may not be a receipt so an app needs to be able to referesh the receipt. Perhaps iOS10, run from Xcode, defaults to no receipt.

Same issue with me, receipt not auto update, I must to use SKReceiptRefreshRequest or restore method to update receipt, but this way bring on user need to input password and apple id. Any way can resolution the issue?