could not locate device support files

This iPhone 6s is running iOS 10.1 (14B55c), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode.

And no web result for this, its like am the first person this is happening which seem quite unlikely.

Replies

Might help if you could also explain which version Xcode is in play in this instance, thanks.

FYI - you're not the only one this is happening to. Getting the same message. Upgrading to latest beta Xcode did not work.

This iPhone 6 is running iOS 10.1 (14B55c), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode.

Same issue on IPhone6S plus on 26 september.

So, Did you find any solution for this? I am using Xcode Version 8.0 (8A218a) and iphone 6 (10.1 version)(14B55c) but it says could not locate device support files.

>This iPhone 6 is running iOS 10.1 (14B55c), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode.

Yep, that's the issue, but I'm surprised Xcode 8.x hasn't offered to collect symbols so it can use the device.

Might try connecting the 10.1 device directly to the computer, not thru a hub or drive, etc. Run Xcode and see if it picks it up.

Good luck.

If you're using a beta version of iOS, be sure you're building on the corresponding beta version of Xcode. My problem was I was using an older version of Xcode beta. Installing the absolute latest beta fixed the issue for me.

I am not using the beta version. I am using public release xcode but my iPhone 6 has ios 10.1. Is it due to iphone higher Ios version may be its not comptaible with that xcode?

Your iPhone is running a beta version of iOS. 10.1 isn't a release version.

You need to get the appropriate beta version of Xcode to use that device.

Just updated iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to official iOS 10.1 and now both device unavailable for development (could not locate device support files).

Xcode: 8.0 (8A218a)

Is there a way to fix it?

Having the same issue. I just updated the iPad to 10.1 and it brought this error upon me. Hopefully an update is issued soon!

Same here... And there's no Xcode update it seems 😟

Same here, I just updated my devices before starting to work on my project... Bad idea...

having the same problem today. I'm using 6 plus on 10.1 and xcode8 and received the following error message.

"Could not locate device support files. This iPhone 6 Plus is running iOS 10.1 (14B72), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode."

You need Xcode 8.1. Download Xcode 8.1 Gold Master from: https://developer.apple.com/download/

This is crazy. We have to download a Xcode GM to run an app on a released iOS version. It's a solution I suppose, but why hasn't Apple released Xcode 8.1 a month ago (unless there are ***** going off in triage).