XCODE - Failed to create provisioning profile

Hi everyone,

I just installed Xcode. Version is 8.0

I registered myself (personal team) as a team.

I wasn't able to create the provisioning file. How can I fix this? I already searched for fixes in google, but didn't find anything helpful.

Thank you!

I have an iPhone 6s and a Macbook Pro.

Cheers.

Mr Cheers.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Cheers118 Down vote post of Cheers118
237k views

Replies

Just add you account under :

Xcode --> Preferences --> Accounts --> Apple IDs
Then goto --> Xcode 8.0, where you open your application. Now in that just select you Team --> your name (Personal Team), it will auto generate all certificates. But note that they all are created virtually, so cannot see anywhere in your account or keychain, then also you are able to run or install application in your device.

That's what I did, it doesn't work.

I am registered as a Personal Team with Role "USER".

Provisioning File: Xcode Managed Profile

Signin Certificate: iOS Developer

I get the following error in Xcode:

Failed to create provisioning profile.

There are no devices registered in your account on the developer website. Plug in and select a device to have Xcode register it.

Same here... When I click 'View Details' on my Apple ID it shows a disabled 'Create' button for all identities except Mac Development (which is not what i want). And shows 'None' under 'Provisioning Profiles'.

Same here

Just had the same problem, the answer was to plug-in my Apple device (in my case an iPhone), click on the drop-down at the very top of Xcode, to the right of the play, stop, and project name buttons, and select *my* device from the list. Then when I went back into the project details modal, it successfully completed the steps and linked my device. Hope that helps.

• Thank you man, it worked!

• yes, it worked for me, thank you!!

• Thank you so much, you save my day!

Thanks from the newbie! You solved all of my problems of today!

• Thank you man it worked

Add a Comment

hi I have tried this but still facing problem and unable to install on my device.

1.Failed to create provisioning profile.

The app ID "com.invasivecode.CameraExample" cannot be registered to your development team. Change your bundle identifier to a unique string to try again.

2.No profiles for 'com.invasivecode.CameraExample' were found

Xcode couldn't find a provisioning profile matching 'com.invasivecode.CameraExample'.

this is the error i am getting any idea?

Howdy!

I solved by connecting my iPhone to Mac, and then registerd it.

Cheers!

what do you mean by register iphone ??? can you please help me ?????

Hello!

I've just fixed this error with signing and provisioning profiles for a free account ( no Apple Development Program).

The solution was to read those error text carefully and understand what it says :-)

The very first error says "change your Bundle Identifier to a unique one". My BI, taken from an Apple online example of first project "Food Tracker" was "example" and looked like "com.example.Food Tracker". So I just changed it to com.example_aziz.Food Tracker (change aziz for yours) and then it automatically generates all free sertificates and have compiled to my iPad connected flawlessly. Also you have have to login to your Apple ID in XCode -> Preferences - > Accounts and check " Automatically manage signing" and select yourself as a team on a General tab of the XCode where it displays errors in red.

Btw, do not apply for Apple Developer Program before you are really ready to pay for it, because this will hide all the help sections with steps to create first app in your account, and you will have to contact support to cancel your enrollment.

Oh thank you so much.. You saved me a lot time.

Thank you so much,It just helps me a lot!!

YES AZIZ!!!! Changing the BI worked!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!

Thanks Brite Wheel! This solved my problem.

Yep. Had to select the device from the menu at the top of the window. XCode ought to mention that.