Missing elements and LLDB RPC server crashes

I'm having problems getting UI tests to run with XCode 8.

the test fails to find a button using app.buttons['someAccessibilityIdentifier'] although the app does have a UIView with button trait and the required accesibilityIdentifier.

If I set a breakpoint before the failing query and try to see what buttons are available in the debugger window of the UITest with

(lldb) po app.buttons

I get the crash Message from debugger: The LLDB RPC server has crashed. The crash log is located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports and has a prefix 'lldb-rpc-server'. Please file a bug and attach the most recent crash log.

and the debug session goes away. I notice that this message is probably from the debugger session for the app, since I see messages I printed in the app to trace setting the accessibilityIdentifiers. I also notice that when I run the app, and use the debug view hierarchy button that other buttons in the app which have accessibility ids which CAN be found by UI Test queries, show the value of the accessibility identifier as "unable to read data"

This has got me stopped dead in the water again.

Replies

Having the exact same issue. For me it only impacts when the tests run against iOS 9.0 simulator (iOS 10.0 simulator performs fine). Anyone found a solution for this?

Please let us know. I am also facing the same issue.

I have uninstall and install the Xcode. Still, I am facing the issue