Do I have to register my Apple Watch in the dev portal just because it's paired with my phone?

In Xcode 8, I'm attempting to build a project for my iPhone that I started in Xcode 7. When I build to my iPhone, I now receive a "Device "Apple Watch" isn't registered on the developer portal" error and the build won't complete. I do have a Watch paired with my iPhone, but this app doesn't have a Watch component. In Xcode 7 I never had to register my Watch in order to build for my phone. I don't control the developer portal for the project I am working on and it's a hassle to add devices.

Is this a new requirement for code signing in Xcode 8? If so, it's really terrible. If not, what setting can I disable in Xcode 8 to make it ignore my Watch?

Replies

I should clarify that if I choose Register (even though I cannot register because I'm not an admin, and I would prefer not to register it), I can get the app to build properly and run on my phone. It gives me no further error messages for the rest of the build process. However, the flow seems incorrect. It seems like the options should be Cancel, Register, and Skip. Even if I were a portal admin, I would have chosen Skip.

I ran into this issue as well, solved the issue by :

1. on iPhone >Setting > Bluetooth > Off

2. in updated xcode 8 : open the .xcodeproj file : General > Deployment Info > Device : select "iPhone"