44 Replies
      Latest reply on May 12, 2017 1:01 PM by fembrioni
      loosegoose Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have an issue where some of the profiles I am using are not able to be used in xCode 8. When I go to preferences and see a list of profiles for my team when I hit download the download link just turns gray and if I look in the mobile devices folder where it downloads the profiles it is downloading it but it never recognizes it in xCode. The link just turns black again and it still says download even tho the profile is in the Mobile Devices folder.

Works fine in xcode 7

• Re: Xcode 8 Profiles Won't Download
          rctexas Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the exact same issue.  Deleted all of the provisioning profiles and redownloaded all profiles from Xcode 8.

Out of roughly 50 provisioning profiles, less than half of them are recognized by XCode 8 with no apparent rhyme or reason why some work and some don't.

Duplicated issue with two separate team accounts on two separate machines with the same profiles not being recognized on both machines.

hkenhg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am experiencing the same issue as well. All of my provisioning profiles were able to be dowloaded (the download link went away after hitting "Download All") and used properly in Xcode 7.3.1, but when I upgraded to Xcode 8, some of them stopped being recognized it seems. The download links showed up next to some of the profiles again and clicking download just makes the download link gray out. They are still in the folder and clicking downlaod changes the date modified on the file, but it is not being recongnized by Xcode and it is preventing me from pairing Apple Watches to my app (two of the profiles that are no longer being recognized are a watchkitapp profile and a watchkitextension profile) as when I try to pair, the log complains about not having a certain provisioning profile.

EDIT: It turned out that I was able to get the watches pairing (for an ad hoc distribution archive at least) by unchecking the "Automatically manage signing" setting in the General tab and then re-checking it and then selecting my team. The information in the general tab was then the same as before I unchecked it, but this process altered my plist slightly. Afterward, I was able to pair the watches even though many of the provisioning profiles still had the download link next to them.

blahartinger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My entire team has been having this issue since XCode8 came out. Still looking for a solution. I've tried recreating all provisioning profiles, downloading manually, deleting and re-adding account with no solution. Sometimes performing these actions changes which profiles download but there is no consistency which ones do or don't.

csmac3144 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here. Brand new installation of macOS Sierra, and a fresh installation of Xcode 8. Downloading provisioning profiles that have worked perfectly up until now is totally flaky. Some of them seem to download, but the "Download" button remains available for others.

lewis42 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Also facing this issue.

dtanaka Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm also having this same issue. The problem is that I can't sign my app that uses notifications with my provisioning profile that enables push notifications. Is there a manual way to import the provisioning profile?

blahartinger Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

@Apple Are we going to get an official acknowledgement of this sometime soon? This is hampering many developer's ability to get things done. There is also an ongoing stackoverflow post with over 900 views and a bounty on it with no solution. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39710947/xcode-8-provisioning-profile-wont-download?answertab=votes#tab-top

barcenilla00 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have same issue

alex2314 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having this issue as well. It is a blocker for me. It started appearing after I updated to Xcode 8 and checked the push notifications toggle button in target->capabilities. If I go back and uncheck it then I can submit an app store build. This is definitely a bug. Please fix it asap!

itai195 Apple Staff Apple Staff (0 points)

Thanks for your report. This is a bug we're aware of in Xcode 8. Note that this UI in Xcode is a convenience and shouldn't block your work. The profiles you'd like to download are still available following these steps:

1) Visit developer.apple.com in Safari

2) Click Account and sign in

3) Click on Ceritficates, Identifiers, and Profiles

4) Navigate to the profile you're interested in and download it

5) Drag the downloaded profile onto Xcode's icon in the dock.

At this point, your profile will be installed on your Mac and usable within Xcode.

Geekneck Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also see this error.  The only profile that can't be downloaded is "iOS Tem Provisioning Profile : *", so nothing works at all!  Console does show this, though:

10/30/16 4:06:44.524 PM Xcode[35213]: <DYMobileDevice: 0x7fd461e1f420>: failed to acquire service transport reservation: Error Domain=DYAMDErrorDomain Code=-402653150 "(null)"

dabrosch Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I may have identified the source of this issue: If you don't have the certificates and keys for a profile available to you in your keychain locally, then the provisioning profile will not report as downloaded, it will stay gray. Can others verify that this is the case for them?

Pierre@8 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This amazing how one can break so much stuff.

Profiles were always a mess.

I never understood why, if I add a new device to an AdHoc, XCode can't simply use the new one. Event if I download it and delete it it would requite manual setup.

Now this new fancy auto stuff comes, breaks the old way and even does not work all the time the way you need it to.

New Bug: if you sort profiles by date then delete the oldest one at the top, the list becomes unsorted again!

Not a big deal, but it is a mess.

Edt: before I forgot. Maybe Visual Studio for Mac will ease the pain

alexandrefromsaint-herblain Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem. I manage more than 100 applications (enterprise account) with more 100 profiles.

1) Button "Download all profiles" does not work, with a error message (There is no iOS App ID with ID 'XXXXX' on this team.). It download some profiles but not all.

2) Button "Download" works for some profiles only

3) Download all profiles from apple member center, and drag it in the Xcode icon does not work (Xcode never detect the provisionning profile, button Download always on)

We use script to compile and build IPA, but the script fails for some applications during export archive because Xcode can't find the profile while the profile is present in xcode profile directory ../Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/

Please fix this

freekyeekz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I get the same issue. For what it's worth, my system log shows this:

Nov 24 00:49:27 Lukes-iMac Xcode[7908]:  DVTPortal: Service '<DVTPortalService: 0x7fa35a308c60; action='downloadDirectInstallerCerts'>' encountered an unexpected result code from the portal ('1200')
                                      Nov 24 00:49:27 Lukes-iMac Xcode[7908]:  DVTPortal: Error:
                                        Error Domain=DVTPortalServiceErrorDomain Code=1200 "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        https://developer.apple.com/support" UserInfo={payload=<CFBasicHash 0x7fa35a409a60 [0x7fff771bb440]>{type = mutable dict, count = 10,
                                        entries =>
                                        0 : <CFString 0x7fa35a435cb0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "requestId"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a690f40 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "BF8D3DC1-7B1C-4013-BA86-ED5B7B8FC68A"}
                                        1 : responseId = <CFString 0x7fa35a43b4f0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "8dde27d9-f4c2-4483-a144-9616159cc0a8"}
                                        2 : <CFString 0x7fff770e5ea0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "protocolVersion"} = QH65B2
                                        3 : <CFString 0x7fa35a410240 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "requestUrl"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a693d80 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "https://developerservices2.apple.com/services/QH65B2/mac/downloadDirectInstallerCerts.action"}
                                        6 : <CFString 0x7fa35a683130 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "userLocale"} = en_US
                                        8 : resultCode = <CFNumber 0x4b037 [0x7fff771bb440]>{value = +1200, type = kCFNumberSInt64Type}
                                        9 : userString = <CFString 0x7fa35a407940 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        https://developer.apple.com/support"}
                                        10 : <CFString 0x7fa35a697990 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "resultString"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a407940 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        11 : httpCode = <CFNumber 0xc837 [0x7fff771bb440]>{value = +200, type = kCFNumberSInt64Type}
                                        12 : <CFString 0x7fa35a464fa0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "creationTimestamp"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a408620 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "2016-11-24T00:49:26Z"}
                                        }
                                        , NSLocalizedDescription=You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        https://developer.apple.com/support}
                                      Nov 24 00:49:27 Lukes-iMac Xcode[7908]:  IDEProvisioning: +[IDEProvisioningSnapshot _onlineSigningIdentitiesWithSession:team:error:]: Error Domain=DVTPortalServiceErrorDomain Code=1200 "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        https://developer.apple.com/support" UserInfo={payload=<CFBasicHash 0x7fa35a409a60 [0x7fff771bb440]>{type = mutable dict, count = 10,
                                        entries =>
                                        0 : <CFString 0x7fa35a435cb0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "requestId"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a690f40 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "BF8D3DC1-7B1C-4013-BA86-ED5B7B8FC68A"}
                                        1 : responseId = <CFString 0x7fa35a43b4f0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "8dde27d9-f4c2-4483-a144-9616159cc0a8"}
                                        2 : <CFString 0x7fff770e5ea0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "protocolVersion"} = QH65B2
                                        3 : <CFString 0x7fa35a410240 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "requestUrl"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a693d80 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "https://developerservices2.apple.com/services/QH65B2/mac/downloadDirectInstallerCerts.action"}
                                        6 : <CFString 0x7fa35a683130 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "userLocale"} = en_US
                                        8 : resultCode = <CFNumber 0x4b037 [0x7fff771bb440]>{value = +1200, type = kCFNumberSInt64Type}
                                        9 : userString = <CFString 0x7fa35a407940 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        10 : <CFString 0x7fa35a697990 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "resultString"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a407940 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        11 : httpCode = <CFNumber 0xc837 [0x7fff771bb440]>{value = +200, type = kCFNumberSInt64Type}
                                        12 : <CFString 0x7fa35a464fa0 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "creationTimestamp"} = <CFString 0x7fa35a408620 [0x7fff771bb440]>{contents = "2016-11-24T00:49:26Z"}
                                        }
                                        , NSLocalizedDescription=You are not allowed to perform this operation.  Please check with one of your Team Admins, or, if you need further assistance, please contact Apple Developer Program Support.
                                        https://developer.apple.com/support}

Tricky Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Another impacted developer checking in.

I thought I'd discovered a workaround by selecting 'Automatically manage signing' in the target config. This at least allowed me to install a build of my app onto a device. But alas, today it no longer works; even though Xcode assures me everything is OK with my profile, and Xcode builds without error, I'm told the 'App install failed: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found,' at the point the app tries to run.

adams_family Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem, too.

- 'Download all' does not work

- 'Download' one does not work

- Manually downloading from iTunes Connect and openning in XCode does nothing

I've got the impressions that the newer XCode we use the more and more bugs we get with signing .

petarov Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm experiencing this on Xcode 8.2.1 as well. I wish Apple fixes this. It's immensely annoyning.

big-ron Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here... ***

regnete04 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here. None of the workarrounds provided here and on stackoverflow worked for me. this is a huge show stopper for us.

cypress211 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

same issue here. The "Download" button disables, but when opening the dialog again, the "Download" button is enable again.

Ramis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Latest Xcode 8.2.1 have this bug!

Didstopia Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Been dealing with the same issue for quite a while now. No workarounds work/exist.

FredA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I think I have a solution. I had the exact same problem. When I selected 'Download All Profiles' two of them turned grey and never downloaded.

They way I solved it may sound counter intuitive but both are now installed because of that.

Go to https://developer.apple.com/account/mac/profile/ and select the provisioning profile under 'Provisioning Profiles -> All -> Your Profile' where 'Your Profile' should be substituted with whatever profile you have issues with. You should see 3 buttons being 'Delete', 'Edit' and 'Download'.

Select 'Edit'. Next select 'Generate'. That's it. If you now go back to 'Xcode' you will see that the profiles have downloaded.

First time I did it just for one and I couldn't believe it myself. But when it worked for the second profile it seemed to be too much of a coincidence.

Note that I did this for a mac development profile but if you do this for IOS it should work the same.

playability Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I would like to add to FredA answer, that before re-generating the profiles the Xcode cannot recognize as being downloaded, you have to in fact REMOVE respective .mobileprovision files from ../Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/ directory.

And then, try to download them via Xcode.

If, for instance Xcode cannot see the provision profile at all (also "nice" bug), download the profile manually, and drag-n-drop it onto Xcode icon. Double-check, Xcode can see it.

glawrence Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

@Apple This is a complete show stopper for me. I've tried everything to get Xcode to read the provisioning profile. The solution you gave does not work .

davemarkee Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I believe this is strictly a UI issue. The profiles do get properly downloaded if right click the profile, then select "Show in Finder", it's there!

FreezeAndreas Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Xcode Version 8.2 (8C38)

Same problem here. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. The best results right now I get by downloading the profiles manually and the install them in Xcode by double-clicking on them. All six profiles I just tested with got installed in the correct folder (use "Show in Fonder"), but only five of the profiles are shown correctly in the Xcode preferences, one (that IS installed) still shows the "DOWNLOAD" button.

dchappelle Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here with XCode 8.3.2

What worked for us was to make each member an admin - refresh the profiles in xcode - and switch members back to non-admin