Can't log in to more than 6 accounts

Running 16A323. This happened with 320 and 322 as well.

I'm usually logged in to 6-8 accounts at once. I have various things running in different accounts. Some are idle. I keep client data separate. Been doing this since I got my iMac i7 24GB RAM in Dec 2012 without any issues.

So, I upgrade to Sierra and now, when I log into the 7th account, I get a 'Keychain "login" not found' error. Before you say "corrupted or out-of-sync keychain", if I log out one of the open accounts, the account that just failed works fine.

Does anyone else keep a lot of accounts open at once? This problem happens on both my iMac (Late 2012) and my Macbook Pro Retina (Late 2013).

Can someone try this test to see what you get?

Create 10 standard accounts (say, acct1, acct2,...,acct10). Reboot. Start logging in to these accounts in order 1,2,3,... leaving each account logged in when you log into the next one. At 7 or 8, you should get the keychain error I got. It will ask if you want to cancel or reset to defaults (reset to defaults doesn't fix it). Cancel and log that account out. Now, log out one of the logged in accounts and try the one that failed again to see if it works.

Regards, Patrick

Replies

Bug