conflicting provisioning settings

I have this error with xcode 8 GM:

MyApp has conflicting provisioning settings. MyApp is automatically signed, but code signing identity iPhone Distribution: Francesco Scala (2************O) has been manually specified. Set the code signing identity value to "iPhone Developer" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.

I have to publish the app to the store but doesn't work!!!! Help I'm hating Apple now, sierra and Xcode together are very bugged!

Replies

Following the steps below:

1. Select the Target -- > General --> Signing --> Select the Team (It must the Super account)

2. Then select the Build Settings in Target, keep the Development team with the same with Selected team. Set the Provisoning Profile with Automatic and Code Signing Identity with iOS Developer.

3. Select the Project -- > Build Settings. Set the Provisoning Profile and Code Signing Identity with Details information

Thanks that worked for me.

Thanks mate.

You saved me. I have spent 3 days in sorting this out and your solution works in one go.

I tried tens of solutions but none of them worked.

You are legend mate.

Hi

I have this problem as well but am struggling at the first step. (I sub-contract out our development and then compile and dsitribute in-house so do not use XCode on a daily basis.) I am assuming my target is QOTD but what do I click to find General and Signing?

TIA

David

PS. I dragged and dropped a screenshot into this reply which is visible when I edit the reply but does not appear when it is saved. I don't know if you can see the screenshot. My target app is called QOTD.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I had the following error when trying to Archive my project:

myApp has conflicting provisioning settings. myApp is automatically signed for development, but a conflicting code signing identity iPhone Distribution has been manually specified. Set the code signing identity value to "iPhone Developer" in the build settings editor, or switch to manual signing in the project editor.

The only change I had to make was in Build Settings --> Code Signing Identity. I made sure all four settings (Debug, Debug -> Any iOS SDK, Release, and Release -> Any iOS SDK) were all set to iOS Developer. I then ran Product --> Clean and then Product --> Archive and it worked.

I do love that the error message told me to set the value to iPhone Developer and NOT iOS Developer. Thank you to the person who posted the answer that got me on the right track.

Discovered if I turned off 'Automatically manage signing' and back on again, it solved the issue for me!

You're brilliant. Thanks!

Agreed. If stuck switch off automatic and reselect. Thanks for this.

Will keeping both Development and Release Code Signing Identities to "iOS Developer" cause any issue when I upload my archive either for Beta (Testflight) or final release? The naming looks misleading since I have separate provisioning profiles for Development vs. Distribution in Developer portal.

1. Select the Target -- > General --> Signing --> Select the Team (It must the Super account)

2. Then select the Build Settings in Target, keep the Development team with the same with Selected team. Set the Provisoning Profile with Automatic and Code Signing Identity with iOS Developer.

3. Select the Project -- > Build Settings. Set the Provisoning Profile and Code Signing Identity with Details information

This is not working in my case

This might help someone so I am posting here. Had the same problem on a Unity build. When I go to xcode , the signing errors described above pop up al around. Had the same situation where I could not select the team etc.

Finally out of desperation, I went into Unity3d and checked my build settings. I removed the team id and provisioning profile settings and set signing to automatic. Did a clean build and run from Unity3d. When XCode opened , the error was still present, but now I could go to signing and capabilities, set automatically manage signing and change the team without it jumping back to none!

I usually only work in Android, so forgive my lack of technical detail / stuff I got wrong. Hoping this will help save someone some time.