SKUtil.m: MGGetBoolAnswer is not available in the simulator.

What does it mean.

I have searched along the forum but i haven't found no answer.

On Xcode 8.0 (not GM or beta) the message appears in console every time in the code there is a line that uses an Init functions for SKNode, SKAction, etc... like the following :

node = SKSpriteNode(texture: texture, color: SKColor.clear, size: texture.size())
animation = SKAction.repeatForever(SKAction.animate(with: walkFrames!, timePerFrame: 0.1))

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Accepted Reply

This is a harmless message. It will be removed in the next release. Sorry for the confusion.

Replies

Yep, my console is full of it

Hmm I created a sample game project, and this error does not happen, so it can't be SKNode or SKAction, will have to dig deeper to find out why the device is trying to read stats from the system.

I am pretty sure that the message is showed when this line of code

node = SKSpriteNode(texture: texture, color: SKColor.clear, size: texture.size())

was executed, because i had put a print log before and after, and the message was showed between them.

My project was created in Xcode 7.3 with Swift 2.2 and after converted to Swift 3.0 on Xcode 8.0.

Same for the SKAction.

The animation has 7 frames and the message is printed 7th times.

Now i try to create a new project from scratch

Meanwhile i have opened a bug report N° 28320464

It has to do with SKTextureAtlas, I was able to narrow it down to that.

This is a harmless message. It will be removed in the next release. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.

I can confirm that this is still getting logged to the console in Xcode 8.1 (8T61a) ...

2016-10-25 19:01:01.609 ---[32007:4349247] SKUtil.m: MGGetBoolAnswer is not available in the simulator.

Still there in the 8.1 release.

Was not removed in the next release. And it is far from harmless; I have a hard time sifting through what I actually WANT to see in my logs now.

XCode 8.3 and the message is still there.