macOS Sierra GM Login Screen issue

This morning when I tried to unlock my MacBook Pro Retina (2015) 15" the auto unlock feature didn't work and neither did MacID find my iPhone.

I manually entered my password and noticed that Bluetooth was unavailable, yet System Preferences - Bluetooth showed that Bluetooth was on. The button to turn Bluetooth off was not responsive.

So I restarted my computer through the Apple menu and when the Login screen came up to select the user only a portion of the screen was accessible in that I could only move the pointer in a smaller area than the whole screen. And even though I could mouse over the users they didn't respond when I clicked on them.

I powered down and rebooted in Recovery Mode. Was able to run Disk Utility and that was clean.

I powered down again and tried a normal reboot but had the same problem on the Login screen.

Powered down again and restarted in Recovery Mode. This time I selected Reinstall macOS and it appeared to complete successfully. When I rebooted I was able to select my User, but when I was leaving for work I still had a spinning wheel under my login name.

Hopefully when I get home it will have gotten logged in.

Has anyone else with a Retina MacBook Pro seen this issue?

Any suggestions in how to fix this?

Replies

UPDATE: When I got home tonight everything was fine, so apparently reinstalling did the trick. Hopefully it won't pop up again.