Why does Xcode 8 mess up my UI?

I have upgraded to Xcode 8, I opened up my main.storyboard in IB. Everything seemed fine. I then look at my version control and see there are a ton of changes to my main.storyboard file (that Xcode 8 automatically whenever I opened the file). Whenever I go to build and run my app on a device, it is messed up and most of my UI has completely collapsed on each other. But whenever I discard any changes to that main.storyboard file, and run on a device, it's good. As soon as I open main.storyboard, all of those changes come back and mess up my UI. Anyone have ideas what this could be and how do I get past it? Thank you

Replies

I'm dealing with the same issue!! So frustraing 😟

Are you using Auto Layout or do you have that turned off? Thank you so much!

I am using Auto Layout. However, this storyboard in Xcode7 had size classes turned off.

The reason I asked is because i'm not using Auto-Layout and I was wondering if I was, if that would fix it. I guess it won't. I do appreciate your quick replies. I saw this thread over here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/62313 . So I guess we aren't the only ones having layout issues.

If you hear anything, let me know. I would deeply deeply appreciate it.

Thanks, man