Apple iOS App Reject: IPv6 not Supported

Recently we submitted the new version of the app for review, it hasbeen rejected

Your app crashes on iPad and iPhone running iOS 9.3.5 connected to an IPv6 network

But i only used the Alamofire 3.4.1 for API Requests, with a domain name (not IP Address), and it is IPv6 Compatible Here is the results of the ipv6-test.com

Our ISPs not Providing IPv6 Only network, to check our app, We followed this procedure to setup the IPv6 in Mac, then it works here, after we submitted the build again, but it again rejected for the same reason

Can anybody suggest, how can we troubleshoot the issue/ is any thing wrong in my current environment

You can check my stackoverflow ticket here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/39345638/4234949

Replies

Others have reported hurdles same example. If you believe you're not in violation, have you pushed back to app review yet?

See the MLT links below.

We have the same issue. They keep saying it crashes. It works fine for us on IPV6 environment. Something is broken in the software they use to download build. We noticed that when we tested using "TestFlight", we had the crash. We removed "Testflight" and downloaded again and it has never crashed since.

One more thing - We had another issue with their approval. By default, in release mode, the optimization is set to "faster and smaller". You need to disable optimization. For some reason it messes up everything. We went past that hurdle and had the app approved but now an update is stuck even though we didn't change anything. Not only that - they tested the original build using same configuration when they approved it.

hi @chandlervt,

i posted in the Itunes Review section, that the technical support member is not contacted us after the requition of the technical support, today they replied in review section like below

We apologize for the delay. Your application is still in review but is requiring additional time. We will provide further status as soon as we are able. Thank you for your continued patience.

Can you please tell me how you troubleshoot the crash issue...

Thank you

OK. I don't know if this is good or bad. I raised DTS ticket to have them check the code. But the code review people said that this is a bug within the App review environment and they cannot do anything. I also had the review team arrange a call with me. They did call back and said app worked fine so they approved it.

However, we were also desperately trying to fix this issue. We found that that earlier if the keyboard is visible and your app made a UI transition to another view or viewcontroller it worked fine. But in 9.3.5 it was crashing. So we had to dismiss the keyboard before making the transition. Problem is this issue was random - worked on iOS 10 on iPad but failed on 9.3.5 on iPhone. Worked on 9.3.5 on iPad though. So they might have had this issue we are thinking but just classified as IPV6. When the second reviewer checked the app, they might have dismissed the keyboard before transitioning and it worked. So they approved it.

Do you have the crash log which you can upload here?

Also did you try to disable optimization for release scheme?

@chandlervt, i checked my app in ios 9.3.5 - iPhone 5, i'm not hiding the keyboard before transition the viewcontroller, but it is not crashed in my phone,

can you tell how they technical support team contacted you, i requested the support on 6th but they are not contacted us till now