NetAuthSysAgent wants to use the "login" keychain

Hi,

Since I switched to Sierra, I keep getting the message that "NetAuthSysAgent wants to use the "login" keychain".

Thus far I have created a new login KeyChain, but the message still pops up.

It may be related, but I have a script that mounts a few NAS shares (using AFP) on my desktop, and it is in connection with these that the message pops up. I am asked the password, eventhogh it is saved in KeyChain.

Apple really has to sort this out before releasing Sierra. I have a few few hundred Macs where I have a mounting script going to attach shares...

Replies

Same here, after the Sierra-Betas, hope this will be fixed in Final...

Please make a Bug-Report.

This was NOT fixed in the GM version. I have filed bug-reports, I have reported this everever I can, and I see I am not alone. Can someone please find a fix, and can Apple please take this seriously...

I'm usually logged in to 6-8 accounts at once and as I login to these accounts, I will get a "Can't access login keychain" or something to that effect sometimes. Once it happens, the system is unstable. Seems like anything encryption related either fails or acts strange at that point. A reboot is required to reset everything, but it doesn't fix it.

This is a serious problem. It makes my iMac completely unreliable.

I sorted it out (sort of).

I have always had my iTunes library on my NAS, attatching the Share using AFP, and then accessing the library om my Mac Pro. Since I started getting the NetAuthSysAgent error upon login, I have tried to find out when the error came up, and what prompted it.

It turns out it was something in iTunes that prompted the error, becuase iTunes couldn't find the library, becuase of the AFP mounting error.

I have a script that mounts NAS shares on the desktop, and since "upgrading" to Sierra that scripts asks for my NAS password (even though it is saved in Keychain). Because this takes a bit of time, the NetAuthSysAgent error occours.

I moved the iTunes library onto the Mac Pro, and now I do not have the NetAuthSysAgent error anymore.

So, it looks like the NetAuthSysAgent is prompted because the user is not "verified" on the network yet, and only when typing in the Keychain password is this accomplised.

I have exactly the same issue. Here's what I have observed - it may help understanding at some stage...

I also have the netauthsysagent asking for the keychain, and/or the NAS password I have to enter (despite being in the keychain).

And I also have the iTunes library on the NAS.

What I see is that in /Volumes, the volume where I have the iTunes library on, three (3) mount points are created (while I definitely map/mount them only once!!), with -1 and -2 version numbers added. I can easily remove these (sudo rmdir) with no adverse effects.

So it seems that iTunes attempts to mount it's volume autonomously somehow.... not sure...

N.B. I have seen quite a few other strange things happening, such as

- Mac OS Sierra mounting half of the volumes over afp, the others over smb

- magically mixing up volumes in the startup items, creating several of the same and loosing others at the same time

- weird screen resolution anomalies (with external 4K screen).

Screens and network seems to be where Apple keeps struggling. Embarassing...

As Sierra is now public, user-centric queries such as this are perhaps best put to Apple's public community support forums, where Apple tends to monitor user comments, and/or Apple's twitter support account, vs. risking off-topic here in the dev forums, thanks and good luck.

https://support.apple.com/macos

Yes flyke.pc7, this is exactly what I see and I agree- that's embarassing