App rejected in iTunes Connect for PLA 3.3.8

Hi,

PLATFORM AND VERSION

iOS

Hardware: iPhone

Software: iOS

DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM

I am developed a call recorder app using VoIP service. It is not an application like other voice recording apps. We are not using iPhone mic to record. Our application records using a VoIP service to record the phone call. When user want to record their call they call our VoIP service number which trigger by taping on Record button.

But when I submitted the app in iTunes Connect they rejected.

The review report is:

"PLA 3.3.8

Your app records the user(s), but still does not have the proper indicators that the app is recording, as required by section 3.3.8 of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Specifically, your app records phone conversations, but still does not have an auditory indicator heard by all (i.e., both) parties on the call that the app is recording.

Next Steps

Please revise your app to implement the required means of indicating the recording activity to all parties. Please note that the recording indicator cannot be disabled and your app cannot go blank during recording."

But when phone connects to a number its not possible to show an indicator.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

When the app first rejected I add a audio "call will recording" when user tap the record button.

But the app rejected with same issue.

Second time I remove this sound and add a voice "your call is recording" when the call connects to our VoIP number.

But the app rejected with same issue.

What should I do now? Please help me.

Replies

Most jurisdictions require informed consent of both parties when a call is being recorded.

There must be an audible notice for both sides that the call is or may be recorded. Not

just when the user decides to record a conversation and is informed locally.

I did this already and I mentioned it in my question that I add a voice "your call is recording" when the call connects to our VoIP number. This voice heard by all parties in the conversation.

The catch is, you have to give both sides an option to accept or deny the call at that point.

But, If any side dont want to record they can dismiss their call.

so, how you make it?