IB in XCode 8 b6 messing up view after updating frames

Hello,

my first post here. I am developing an app in Xcode7 and, since we're so close to Xcode 8 release, i decided to create a branch of my code to work with in xcode 8 beta.

Now, I have a storyboard with several view controllers, navigation controllers etc. When I open my storyboard in xcode8, all the views are messed up, but just in storyboard: runtime is ok, everything is displayed correctly.

Selecting all the subviews in a view controller and updating frames makes the things back to their place in IB also, but, on a couple of views, the most complex, updating frames also messes up the view at runtime, hiding some subview and removing some images from UIImageViews.

Is anyone experiencing this? I have spent hours debugging the view but still can't find a solution. In view debugger the view is displayed correctly, but in simulator and on actual device is not

Thanks if anyone can help

Replies

Did you ever find an answer to this issue outside of this forum? I'm having a similar issue. Except mine is whenever I only open up my storyboard in Xcode 8, I can see it make a lot of changes automatically (I can see this from my version control) and whenever I build and run on a device, my views look like they are all collapsed on eachother.

It would be helpful if you can file a bug at bugreport.apple.com and attach the storyboard for which this is happening. We'd like to investigate this more.

hello, I filed a bug on september 3rd, number 28146384, attaching screenshots and the storyboard sources of the scenes that are having this issue.

It would be great if you could investigate and suggest a solution or solve this bug (if it is a bug...)

Nope, just noticed that lots of people are having trouble with several containers in XCode 8 storyboard, but no solutions whatsoever, at least that I could find useful

Hoping to help anyone having this issue, here is what Apple replied to the bug I opened. I could not reply them as of today, but i will try to do it asap:

We need more information to investigate this issue. Thank you for reporting the issue. The provided frame text for before/after update frames look correct for Xcode 8. Once misplacement for constrained views is fixed, we do not save out the frames to the storyboard so we can minimize on diffs when switching devices using the device bar in the Interface Builder canvas. As for the unexpected runtime results, would you know if there are any subviews that are being programmatically repositioned in code before initial layout? Would you be able to provide either a sample app or storyboard to help us analyze this issue further? thanks! Please provide your response or results by updating your bug report.

Now, for the views that are screwed up, I am only doing two thigngs: rounding the edges of an imageview frame to create a round image, and adding a tap gesture recognizer to other image views. Nothing else happens in my code that touches these components