Computer not recognizing iPhone but charges fine

Hi,

Since upgrading to the last iOS 10 beta release, my iPhone fails to be recognized by my computers (I've tried 3) but it charges fine when plugged into this wall.

This makes syncing with iTunes etc impossible, since I haven't yet configured wifi syncing. I would downgrade to iOS 9, but without being able to connect it to iTunes, that's not going to happen.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Know a workaround?

I'm assuming this is a known issue, so any idea if there is a fix in the works?

Regards,

Jason

Replies

Do you have the latest version of iTunes installed?

Yes, all are up to date. But even when I connect the phone to the PC (Windows and Mac), neither the phone nor the computer recognmizes it.

Not having this problem with a 6S on a Windows 10 Pro Dell machine, or my rMBP on Sierra. I wouldn't say it's a "known issue". Make sure you file a bug. Have you made sure the port is lint free, and tried recovery mode to see if it connects?

Thanks. What's the process to file a bug? (First time using the forums)

Yes, port is lint free and recovery mode can be activated on the phone yet iTunes and the PC still can't see it.

>What's the process to file a bug?

Use the report bugs link, below right, every page here. Be sure to add your report # to your thread for reference.

Did you check System Profiler on your mac to confirm it's not 'seeing' that device?

I have the same issue, did you find a fix/workaround?

I have the same issue, but my system profiler does see the iPhone. iTunes, Xcode, and networking(usb) do not see the iPhone. From what I gather, I need to reinstall iTunes to force the re-install of the mobile services kernel extension. Does anyone know how to reinstall iTunes in High Sierra? Do I have to reinstall the whole OS? Thanks.