Apple News Articles Not Displaying

When logged in as news publisher, there are about 20 articles that show as published. However, when looking at the news channel in the app, it is only 9. When publishing new posts, they show up right away. When publishing articles from the past, they aren't displaying. Is there a way to reset the feed to show all the articles that are showing as "published" in the Apple News dashboard?

We're using the Wordpress Publish To Apple News plugin. I've tried deleting the Apple post data and republishing, deleting from the Apple News plugin dashboard, and deleting right from the Apple News publisher dashboard.

Replies

Same issue here. Published an article a couple of days ago...never showed up. Tried republishing, still never showed up. At iCloud.com, the article shows up as published but it actually doesn't show up in News. I emailed the link to myself, and it opened on my iPhone, but certain images were replaced (that is, images in the actual post were showing other images). Some strange bug it seems.

I just deleted the published article and re-did is using the web app at icloud dot com. I had to strip out an embedded youtube video though because the GUI still doesn't support those features. What's up with the gigantic image size requirements?

Similar issue here:

I have an approved channel, hooked to my WordPress blog (http://blog.thereasontokilladragon.net/) via Publish to Apple News plugin. In the iCloud News Publisher interface I have nothing in Drafts from News Publisher, nothing in Drafts from CMS, and six Published articles.

This is how I want it.

My Apple News channel (The Tally of Words) shows four published articles and five drafts (I am guessing only I can see those) which I have deleted a week ago. Three of the articles are in published and in drafts at the same time.

If I publish a new Article through News Publisher interface, it shows up in the channel. If I delete it, it disappears. Why can I not delete articles which were posted from CMS?

I have had two similar problems.

1. Content not migrating from CMS (Squarespace) to Apple Publisher: When initially starting the published articles on my blog would not always show up in "Published Articles" on the ICloud Publisher Platform, and thus not in my Apple News channel. This still happens, but I have learned to fix this through trail and error. It seems atleast in Squarespace if you leave empty 'blocs' (e.g., text, markdown, code, etc.) around or white space within blocs it is less likely to work, particularly at the bottom of the article sometimes it will show multiple teardrops with multiple lines to insert content. Targeting this for removal seems to then make it work.
  2. Content not migrating from Apple Publisher to Apple News: I have this problem also where atleast two of my "Published Articles" are not reflected in my public News feed. Ive tried everything to fix this but have not found a solution. I also have a problem where some articles show exerpts and others do not.

No idea why this is the case but I have had different experiences with different phones. For instance, I had no problem finding my channel on my phone, but it is still missing the published two articles. On my friend's phone, I found my channel and it showed all articles, but on my other friends phone, which is older, i couldnt even find my channel. Its a strange suggestion, but recommend looking at your channel via other phones...

I'm also having Apple News publishing issues -- my article is showing in drafts with no Owner and I can't preview it.

It's great we are all asking, but is anyone answering these questions? They seem like legit issues; I see a lot of questions but no definitive answers. Are the Apple Support folks looking at these questions?

I'm having simular issues as well. Using the Apple News wordpress plugin as well. News Publisher says one is published (when I've actually sent several) When I go to my channel in Apple News on my iPad it shows no stories for my channel. However I sent myself the link provided inside News Publisher and magically that one article showed up. Where are all the others? How come nothing is showing up? It's been over 24 hrs now.

Exact same issue for me.

We have the same issue and are frustrated there's no solve anywhere. We used squarespace cms on mac and looking at the news on multiple apple devices.

I have been having the same problem, and the number of stories is different for me than my colleagues. The only thing that appears to fix it for me is to delete the app and reinstall it. Then the back stories that I've published to the Apple News app show up. Simply refreshing the app doesn't work for me which is unfortunate because there's no way of knowing what stories people will see on our channel since there is no consistency. There definitely seems to be a major caching issue with the app.