Issue when using MSMessageTemplateLayout to send audio

Trying to use mediaFileURL to send audio, with file URL to an m4a file. Works fine using insertAttachment:URL:alternateFilename:completion but client would prefer I use mediaFileURL so we can set the Caption and Subcaption properties on MSMessageTemplateLayout with the nice card view it gives you. I've seen the thread on here about people having an issue sending a gif with this mediaFileURL property but not one about audio, anyone else seen this?

Replies

Definitely an issue for me with video too. The sound is turned off by default, but the card view overlay blocks the click to enable it. The click instead on any part of the card takes you to the iMessage app.

Yes exactly my problem, I'm trying now to see if there is additional handling I need to do, in the didSelect: method or somewhere else. Please let me know if you made any progress on this, it seems like iMessage app Chatterbird was able to implement what we want.

Nevermind, looking at it closer, Chatterbird is just creating and sending a video (mp4) file.

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? I thought I'd check it again now that we are on iOS 10.3.1 now

What I ended up doing is sending a URL and letting the URL draw the video inline (for iOS 10 only).

You lose the click going immediately back to the iMessage app extension though... meaning, you lose the virality of it.

Check out our app at https://itunes.apple.com/app/yarn-messages/id1165828695?mt=8 to see our approach.

I am having the same issue. Has somebody found a solution?