Sierra DP7 and PB6 links

Replies

And to use the packages, it depends which partition you install from.

For DP7

To install from same partition

1. Start update via mac app store

2. Move packages into /Library/Updates/031-7271nine

(replace "nine" with 9 - don't now why but the forum seems to have made the folder name an "invalid character")

3. Restart.

4. Go to updates tab in mac app store and click update

To install from different partition (preferably El Capitan)

Just run the packages individually, carefully selecting the Sierra partition on which to install.

For PB6

Same instructions except that if installing from same partition they go into /Library/Updates/031-7272zero

(replace "zero" with 0)

Thank you, as always. Is there an iTunes update this time?

There doesn't appear to be a new itunes yet. There might be one later though.

Thanks for sharing. I had a question when i put the file in the "update" folder then restart the mac, I was back to the appstore then click update and restart then an error message showed that show more detail info and cannot update manually. Could you share some ways to solve this problem? many thanks.

If installing from the same partition you have to start the update first via the mac app store so as to allow it to make the folder for you. Don't create the folder yourself.

If you still can't get it to work then install from a different partition. You can't run the packages individually from the same partition, but you can from a different one.

The update didn't show up in my app store. and the folder didn't show up as well.

Only the first method requires that it show up in the mac app store (i.e., installing from the same partition).

The second method does not. So even if it is not showing up in the mac app store you can still update Sierra by running the installer packages individually from another partition (preferably El Capitan) and carefully selecting the Sierra partition to install onto.

Unfortunately this second method does not work from the same partition. It used to for older systems, but if you try and do it in Sierra you get an error message preventing you from running the installer packages individually.

I can't even see the beta update anymore, i tried to switch in appstore settings to normal and now i can not see the button to switch back to receive beta.

Anyone a suggestion how to fix this to receive the beta6 when it comes online?

I can't download the above links. It appears as "not found"

It has moved up to DP8 and PB7 now. You can get those links here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/61504

These updates behave like combos so you can skip DP7 and PB6 now and go straight to DP8 or PB7 via links in that other thread.