Exclude Info.plist from XLIFF?

In my project, I have not chosen to localize my Info.plist. Still, when I select Editor - Export for Localization the Info.plist is included in the XLIFF file. Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cmj Down vote post of cmj
5.2k views

Replies

Hey cmj,

This is currently expected behaviour. Though we highly recommend you localise the relevant contents of your Info.plist file, if this is counter to what you expect, please file a bug on bugreport.apple.com.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks wakachamo!

Since there is an option to localize the Info.plist in the Utilities pane and I have not selected that, I expect it to be excluded when exporting to XLIFF. Does that make sense, or am I missing something obvious?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of cmj Down vote reply of cmj

Hi cmj,

Sorry about the late reply! At the moment, the localisable state of the Info.plist file is independent from Xcode's assumption that the file itself should have its relevant contents exported and then marked as localisable on import.

Like I mentioned before this is following our general recommendation that all applicable values from your Info.plist file should be localised, but any feedback on this is always very much appreciated!

- w

(An even later) thanks!

This causes a management nightmare. I'm sorry apple, but i'm not going to translate these, ever.

<file original="brighten/Info.plist" source-language="en" datatype="plaintext">
    <header>
      <tool tool-id="com.apple.dt.xcode" tool-name="Xcode" tool-version="8.2.1" build-num="8C1002"/>
    </header>
    <body>
      <trans-unit id="CFBundleDisplayName">
        <source>brighten</source>
      </trans-unit>
      <trans-unit id="CFBundleName">
        <source>brighten</source>
      </trans-unit>
      <trans-unit id="CFBundleShortVersionString">
        <source>3.4.1</source>
      </trans-unit>
    </body>
  </file>

I'm sorry apple, but i'm not going to translate these, ever.

Fair enough. Be aware, however, that this is not the right place to submit this feedback. I recommend you file a bug report describing the difficulties you face with the current system and how you’d like to see that change.

Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'll put my bug number then 🙂