Playground running for ever in Xcode 7 PreRelease

Hi. I'm trying to test Swift 2.0 code in Xcode 7 but Playground doesn't show the output. It worked for a few hours and now is not working anymore. I rebooted, reinstalled Xcode, created new files and there is no way I can make it work again. I noticed that the problem started when I was testing classes from UIKit, but probably that was a coincidence because now I can't even create a variable. As soon as I hit enter, the wheel starts running and never stops (even on an empty file).

Hope Apple do something about it soon, because is not possible to test Swift 2.0.

Thanks

Replies

Try doing all the other shutdown things (killing Xcode, rebooting) and start a new playground. Sometimes you just have to toss the playground what brought ya to the dance. And file lots of radars.

I had an iOS playground which got corrupted somehow and was causing crashes in SourceKit and crashing Xcode 7 beta 1 when I tried to close the playground. But the problem must have been within Xcode 7, because a copy of the playground seemed to work just fine.

Quiting Xcode 7 beta 1 and launching Xcode 6.3.2 (which automatically opened the playground which had been open in 7b1) seems to have fixed it. Once it opened the playground (and had a bunch of errors due to the Swift 2 code in the playground), I was able to save and close the playground. Relaunching XCode 7 beta 1, I was able to open it up and work with it again without problems.

Maybe that would work for you?

Also, Xcode 7 beta 2 is now available, so you could try and see if that has fixed the issue you were running into.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/downloads/

Try this:

XCODE/WINDOW/DEVICE AND SIMULATORS/

Choose Iphone 5s