Custom fonts in launch screen

I am creating the launch screen with the xib file provided.

I've set a background image which is working fine and a label which I've set the text as an Attributed String.

The problem is when I select my custom font in interface builder and the label is shown right but when I run it in the simulator is showing another font (I guess it's showing helvetica)

I know the font is working because is shown at Interface Builder (in the launch screen) and I'm using the same font (programmatically) and it's working fine.

I tried with a plain text and it happens exactly the same.

Any idea?

Thanks

Replies

I Meet the same problem

Same problem here...

Custom font (San Francisco Text Light) works fine in the whole app except the launch screen xib. In IB it looks good but when the app lanuches (in simular or device) it has different font in the luanch screen.

Any help?

Ok

It seems, I have found my answer...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/28443864/launchscreen-xib-not-displaying-my-custom-font

The big problem is the lack of documentation about launch storyboards and their limitations. Weird thing is that images from asset catalog are loaded fine so they can be used but custom fonts are different story - why? I saw a few filled radars about using custom fonts in launch storyboards but it's hard to say if it's bug or not.

Anyway - launch storyboard has a lot of limitations and therefore there is a lot of situations when is better to use launch images instead. That's sad :-/

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Deny Down vote reply of Deny