Relative to Container Width of Zero Inside Group No Longer Fills Remainder of Width

Under Xcode 6/watchOS 1.0 I have a WKInterfaceGroup with Horizontal layout and three groups inside of it. The widths of the first two groups are Fixed Width of 6 and 3 and the width of the third group is Relative to Container with width 0. Under Xcode 6/watchOS 1.0 the width of the third group takes up the remaining width of the outer group. In Xcode 7/watchOS 2.0, the width of the third group is actually 0. It seems like I have to use Fixed Width and explicitly specify the remaining width, making adjustments for 42mm versus 38mm. Is there any way to set the width the third group such that it automatically takes up the remaining width of the outer group as I was able to do with Xcode 6/watchOS 1.0?

Replies

Any word on this? I've run into the same problem.

WatchKit in watchOS 2 interprets zero values different. The size APIs are now public properties and they can be animated.

The specific solution to your problem depends on the content you have inside the 3rd group, but you could try using size-to-fit for your third group. If the content inside the 3rd group isn't enough to fill the space, another option is to embed a group inside and tell that embedded group to use relative sizing with a value of 1 (and size-to-fit in the outter third group).