I can't log-in to the forums from the forums page!

This is not impressive.

If I go to the member center, I enter my credentials, do a team selection, and I am in.

I can then click into forums, and I am logged in. But I have to enter through the side door.

If I go directly to forums, and click log-in from there, my credentials login always fails.

The message I see (which I pasted below, but does not appear) is

"This Apple ID cannot be used for this service. Please create a new Apple ID"

Can we go back to the previous system? This feels like a retrograde step.

Better still, can we have an Apple centric version of Stack Overflow? If Apple developers can provide assistance to each other, it would be good. There are web-based solutions to do that sort of thing.

Replies

I'm having the exact same experience with login! Its soooo weird. I was going to enter my own thread on this, saw yours, but no one has responded to it :-(

Add me to the list affected by this.

Same thing here. I just login to the Member Center and then come here.

As far as I can tell everybody has this same login issue.

If everyone has the same issue, then some very poor quality control happened.

Perhaps it only affects a subset of developers?

Just a question to those above.

Do you have multiple team memberships?

I have two logins but totally cannot understand how that can be the issue. Apple doesn't really know that login "A" and login "B" are the same person - the names may be the same but there are probably a lot of "John Smith" people registered too.

Same for me too. As a workaround, I have removed my Dev Forum bookmark and now just go to the MemberCenter (which prompts me to login), then it's just one (more) click to get to the forums.