Removing an App

One of our developers created an app on the itunesconnect site with the name of the app we want to use but used the wrong Bundle Identifier. We have never uploaded the app or sent it to the review process but for some reason we can't delete it and we can't change the Bundle ID. We've already had to create totally new app names to work around this for other apps but wondering if there is a way to delete these stupid things or fix the broken one? Currently it seems once it is created there is no way to update anything.

Thanks,

Glenn

Replies

From what I read, it sounds like you have an entry (the basic metadata) set up in itunesconnect for the app. I think you should be able to delete that.

However, the underlying bundleID (App ID) is ultimately managed in the 'Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles' section of your member account (probably just the team agent has access to certain things there).

In my case, when I go to that section and then click on 'App IDs', I see entries I made years ago that ultimately were never used. To delete one of the entries, click on its row to expand it. There should then be an 'Edit' button in that expanded row. On the 'Edit' screen, there's a 'Delete' button at the bottom.

You are giving a warning to confirm the deletion of the app ID:

Remove this App ID?

All certificates associated with the App ID will be deleted and any provisioning profiles associated with this App ID will be invalidated.

As for deleting app records from iTunes Connect, I think those can be deleted, but I honestly have no idea how. I too have a phantom record that I'm never going to use!

Now, it is possible to fix that bundle ID thing, as long as you haven't uploaded anything to that app record yet. That can be easily changed in iTunes Connect—all you have to do is choose a different App ID from the ones that you've set up in the Member Center.

Not sure I follow. How do you do this when the app id field is not editable?

P.S. I have removed all territories and prices from app and it didn't make any difference for being able to delete it or change it.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hmm, not editable… You haven't uploaded anything there, right? Once anything has been uploaded to that app record, the bundle ID is locked.

>We have never uploaded the app or sent it to the review process but for some reason we can't delete it and we can't change the Bundle ID.

Any App ID that is in use in any way, shape or form by the store cannot be deleted. Only if that app id has never been attached to an app that has been added to the store can it be deleted.

> Currently it seems once it is created there is no way to update anything.

Right, you're talking about the key identifier that an app record is predicated on, so devs are note free to get creative with that level of meta data once it has been created.

Moving on to the question 'removing an app'? It may all depend on that current status in iTunes Connect...do you know what that is for the app(s) in question?

Ken