How to use Mercurial repo with Xcode7 ?

Our open source project is hosted on Bitbucket using a Mercurial based repo. Some of our contributors are Mac users and want to use Apple's Xcode IDE. Unfortunately, Xcode only supports Git and SVN. There used to be a Mercurial plugin for Xcode version 4 or 5 but this no longer works after version 5 and the plugin is no longer maintained. I can't relly blame the plugin developers as in my experience any third party scripts, plists, plugins and other tools break regularly upon every major version update of Xcode so it is no wonder that developers will simply stop bothering at some point.

I did find a translator script called git-remote-hg.py which translates git commands into hg commands, but it requires a prefix hg:: before the URL for the remote mercurial repo and I have no idea how to tell Xcode to use that prefix when it issues git commands.

Is there anybody out there who uses Xcode7 with a remote Mercurial repo, able and willing to share how to go about this or am I wasting my time?

Under no circumstances will we migrate or convert our repository, but any other advise will be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Replies

Hello, Is there any work around for this. Im also facing the same issue