Apple reviews, approves, releases. Now no one can update due to error: "...could not be downloaded at this time"

My App went into review and a few hours later I got the approval notice.

In iTunesConnect it is "Ready for Sale"

Yet it won't update on my iPhone or iPad (iOS9.3.2 both).

I keep getting "<App Name> "could not be downloaded at this time" [Done][Retry]

I tried deleting the App and installing from fresh. No joy.

All other App updates are working fine on both devices.

Also it won't update on my wife's iPhone either and she has her own account.

No error though with her iPhone. The progress wheel does the full 360 and hangs there.

I've opened a case with Apple support but I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this issue?

Replies

Now I'm getting angry support emails from users.

So it's not isolated to the devices at my disposal. 😟

Just noticed that on the App Store iTunes Preview web page for my app the App icon is missing.

Safari debug console says "server responded with 404" for the image.

Looks like a lot has broken on this release of my App.

I uploaded another version today for review in the hope that it'll reset things if my support case is slow on the answering.

This week I've had all reviews done inside 24 hours - so much better than the old "wait a week".

Another thing, which may or may not have caused this problem, I noticed while building the new App version that under "Project" the iOS Deployment Tarot was 7.0 but in the "Target" it was 8.0

This (broken/corrupt) version on iTunes was the first version to be iOS8 minimum, the previous version were all iOS7 min.

If Project and Target versions should be the same then i would have thought the review process, or upload scripting would have checked for this?

Something Apple may want to look into...

I re-submitted a new version of my App which was approved and released today.

This appears to have fixed what ever the issue was.

Then some hours later another of my Apps get's it's update approved and released and won't install.

Something is badly broken on the App store delivery.

I'm having to re-submit another version now just to fix it.

Support have been hopelessly slow sending me cookie cutter type support emails.

Not good enough...