Sierra DP4 links

Some have trouble getting the update with mac app store so you can get the Sierra DP4 via browser instead with these links:

update: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/27/20/031-69394/q9txj420gnt6s9fzee346qdsexvuv1ywaw/OSXUpd10.12.pkg

patch: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/27/20/031-69394/q9txj420gnt6s9fzee346qdsexvuv1ywaw/OSXUpd10.12Patch.pkg

firmware update: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/27/20/031-69394/q9txj420gnt6s9fzee346qdsexvuv1ywaw/FirmwareUpdate.pkg

full bundle update: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/27/20/031-69394/q9txj420gnt6s9fzee346qdsexvuv1ywaw/FullBundleUpdate.pkg

Don’t just run the installers individually. They will stop you doing that with an error message.

Instead put them into /Library/Updates/031-69394 and restart. Then go to updates tab in mac app store and click update.

Replies

I was able to actually reinstall osx and then 10.12 beta 4 showed up worked like a champ.

Followed the instructions; moved the files into /Library/Updates/031-69394, restarted... But no updates visible in App Store Updates

It's not going to work unless the update is already showing up in the mac app store.

Unlike previous versions, we are not using these links to replace the mac app store. We just use them to help the mac app store update more quickly. You still have to use the mac app store to do the update - it just means that the packages don't have to download via the mac app store when you have already put them in the /Library/Updates/031-69394 folder.

I've been stuck at DP1 ever since I put it on my MacPro - the various attempts to update it never quite worked right; DP2 almost sorta worked by putting the PKG files into the right directory in /Library/Updates, but, not quite perfectly.

This morning I re-installed the DP1 by getting the Installer from the App Store (kept a copy on another system), and after doing that, indeed, DP4 showed up.

Now the problem I've got is that it won't recognise that it HAS installed DP4. Every time I run the App Store for Updates, it shows as being there, and forces a download/restart/installation.

Did that three times in a row.

So can I assume that the DP4 update is rolled out over a few hours/days to reduce load on the CDN? That DP4 will show up eventually....?

In my case, the iTunes update sat "calculating" for ages and I tried several times. Today I restarted this 27" iMac and after a brief "calculating", iTunes 12.5 installed.

Thanks for the links. 😎

OK, I've now got 16A270f installed. And just to be clear, DP4, Public Beta 3, and 16A270f are all the same build. Whoever is responsible for naming this stuff needs a UX refresher....

worked thx

Having the same problem. The Update was already showing in the mac app store for me. Downloaded the files, placed them in the directory, rebooted, go back to app store, Download and Restart, back to calculating and never moves forward.

Still not working for me... Deleted all content inside the Updates folder, created 031-69393 subfolder then placed the four packages inside it.

After restarting the Mac, the Updates folder has a new file called ProductMetadata.plist, index.plist and a new folder called 031-66958.

It get stuck on 1.34gb of 1.81gb (calculating...).

Ahh I figured this out. I was going to Go with option key selected and created the folders. If you go use Go, Go to Folder, /Library/ there should already be the folders created and you put the files there. Rebooted. Ran updates, and it worked like a champ.

Yeah. It is better not to create the folder yourself. It is better to start the update via mac app store first so as to let the folder be created by the mac app store instead.

Then move the files into the folder. Restart. And then go back to the updates tab in the mac app store and click update.

It seems like a circuitous route, however you will find that it goes much faster like this - especially if you have several macs to update. In this case it is much better to have the files already downloaded so that you don't have to keep on redownloading them for each computer.