Photos Delete Confirm Alert: can it use App Name instead of Bundle ID?

I'm an experienced non-professional coder, but new to Swift and iOS development. I have less experience with UI related issues.

I am working on an app that - among other things - allows the user to send photos in their library to the trash/delete by swiping.

It works, but when the app sends photos to the trash, the Photos framework comes up with a confirm delete dialog. I understand the need for this (though wish it would let me roll my own). I do not wish to go around or disable this dialog, but I have issues with the way it looks.

When it comes up, it asks the user "Allow (my.bundle.identifier) to delete the photo?"

What I want it to say is "Allow [MyAppName] to delete the photo?"

Is this possible? The bundle identifier looks like code instead of human language, reveals more info about me than I would like a standard user to know, and is just plain ugly.

What do I do or change to make that dialog more user-friendly, and spill less information about me the developer? I get that the user needs to know who is trying to delete photos, but shouldn't the app name be enough??

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

Select the Target, then under Info/Custom iOS Target Properties... see if the 'bundle display name/bundle name' is a macro string or the actual app name. If it is a macro, enter/hard code the app name instead.

Then use the Product menu with the option key pressed and choose 'clean build folder'. Then build/run/test again.

Replies

Show the alert related code that specifically calls the bundle ID.

Are you using macros in the Info.plist for name, etc.?