iOS9 restore from backup - lost app data?

As fate would have it, after installing iOS9 beta on my iPad2 the iPad died. Not related, I'm sure.

So, good excuse to get an iPad Air 2. I did an install of iOS9 beta on it, then reloaded from the backup, and everything SEEMED to go fine. Except that most apps have lost all their saved data. Poor kids, but almost all the game progress/etc was lost. This is the trouble with trying to keep on the leading edge but not being able to affford a dedicated test device. Oh well, I know, no pity party, but it does seem to reveal a problem... Why did the apps restore but their data is not there?

Not using iCloud backup, just backup to iTunes, but I know the last backup from the iPad2 was a good and complete backup.

I even have tried several restores from the backup after the fact, not a complete reload, just the restore from the backup, but yet it doesn't restore any of the progress/etc in the apps.

Very frustrating. 😟

Replies

More bizarre, maybe, but it isn't everything, but a good number of them anyway. {sigh} Go figure. 🙂

I have same issue, did not relize and all data from all apps missing including some apple ones. Podcast subscriptions missing for example. The thing is with me I did the icloud restore all looked good did not check the apps so lastnight icloud backed up again. I think that might have now wiped all my data, either that or it never backed up anyway. I check the storage and confusingly it shows the data for example all my scans in scanner pro are likley there as its back up size is 389mb but if I launch the app its blank.

I hope that public release 2 will just make it see the data. I cant see any other way to get my data. I'm really fed up as some of the data is important and dates back over 4 years (like my weight records).

Anyone have any suggestions?