iMessage issues on Sierra and iOS 10

So iMessage was working perfectly until a few days ago. Was not geting messages come through on the iPad or MacBook but working perfectly fine on the iPhone.

So signed out of iMessage on iPad and MacBook and tried to sign in again and keep getting 'An error occued during authentication'.

No idea what is going on.

Any clues?

Thank You

Replies

any updates on this? Having the same problem on beta 4

I've had the same problem on my iMac since installing Public Beta 1.

Same here. I consistantly get signed out of iMessage on my MacBook Air, running macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Beta (16B2327e) and it's been happenening since I first installed the beta. Oddly enough, my notes app, and contacts still sync, so I don't think it's a system wide Apple ID problem. I'm guessing it's localized to iMessage.

Some aspects of this feature are managed from your iPhone. Go to your phone and tap Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding. If your Mac is listed switch it to on. You may need to restart your Mac to get it to work.

I started having this problem yesterday. iMessage doens't work on my iMac at all all of sudden. My account is logged in, but I can't send or receive messages from my Mac.

Same issue here... Any updates?

Likewise... started this evening for me.

The OS upgrade to Sierra screwed up my Keychain password. I created a new Keychain and now I have a lot of other bugs including iMessage only receiving messages. I get the red failure eclaimation mark everytime I try to send a message. iMessage still works on my iPhone and iPad.

Okay so I finally fixed this stupid problem!

Here's what I did:

1. Open Keychain and select Login with category All Items

2. Search for iMessage

3. Delete all keys. private/public/encryption

4. Restart your mac

5. Now try signing into iMessages and it'll activate and login.

thios didnt work for me

did this work for anyone else?

This worked for me.

I've been dealing with issue for a couple of weeks until I found your solution. Thanks mate!

I deleted 2,400 keychains from iMessage. Not it works perfectly.

this was driving me insane cant believe it was so simple thanks alot 😀

This worked for me. Type in the search iMessage under Login with category All Items bar. Select all and delete. Thank you very much.

Hi, I've was having the same 'authentication error' with Messages on both my MacBook & IMac since updating to Sierra 10.12.3...I tried your solution and can sign in..but still can't send or receive messages. Any further suggestions?? This has been driving me crazy!!