iOS 10 Autocorrect Acting VERY Weird

Ever since I updated to the iOS 10 Public Beta 1 on my iPhone 5, autocorrect has been acting very weird indeed. For instance:

was > WA's

way > wag

weird > weirs

word > eked

word > world

It is constantly replacing correctly-spelled words with different words for no reason, often replacing very common words with very obscure ones, as well as randomly capitalizing some words and yet refusing to capitalize "i". It remains this way even after resetting the keyboard dictionary multiple times, as well as resetting all settings on the phone. Any ideas?

Replies

I'm having the very same problem on my iPhone 5 with iOS 10. It's driving me insane. I'm hoping Beta 2 will available soon to fix it, or I may have no other choice but to go back yo iOS 9.

Same here, it changes the most common word to the most obscure, and will go back two words to change it to something strange. I also have a problem with "it" being changed to IT.

In German its a bit less annoying but combined with the english keyboad its awful. It always changes "mit" (German for "with") to MIT (Massachusetts Institute...) for instance

As some possible remedies, I also tried resetting the dictionary and chaning to the English (UK) keyboard but still experiencing the same issue.

As a temporary workaround, I've installed the 3rd-party Word Flow keyboard from Microsoft which does not seem to suffer from the same Autocorrect glitches. This is preferable to restoring my phone back to iOS 9 as I'd like to remain as an iOS 10 beta tester. I'll be glad to go back to the Apple keyboard once the issue is fixed.

I have to ask, did you report it to apple using the beta report tool? Its the whole purpose of the beta program.

Same issue here on (Herron) the full release of iOS 10. So frustrating.

Yeah this issue is ******* me off. We've gone through so many betas and they still haven't fixed it. Also, I'm getting the thing where I go to start typing from the notification or lock screen and it bugs out and closes down mid-paragraph so I have to rewrite everything. Buggy piece of s***. Once I get my upgrade, I'm prolly gonna take my iphone6 (which has a broken screen because of a two inch drop), and throw it into a brick wall as hard as I can, and then get a Galaxy 8 since I've never seen anyone with broken Galaxies.

Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary.

Might help.

No. Don’t give false hope. Resetting your keyboard WILL NOT help.
iOS 15 And this keyboard hasn’t been improved even slightly. It’s making me hate iPhone. Seriously looking at android phones. I can’t waste my time correcting things that were typed correctly. When would you ever capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence? Or a letter in the middle of a word? Or why would i want a suggested two word combo repeated instead of replaced? Like, say I’d typed “the storb” and iPhone suggests “the store”, if i select the suggestion, it will add it on, instead of replacing it giving me “the the store” How, at this stage of the game is this still so broken? Come on! iPhone 13 And still no `improvement. Feels like a slap in the face spending well over a grand for this nonsense. really fed up