iPhone IP Pan network over Bluetooth

Have a non-ios ip device for which current communication method is by ssh to the ip of the device, via RJ45 ethernet. We enabled bluetooth on the device and are trying to do a PAN connection to establish ip-connectivity. The goal is to re-use the IP based request/response infrastructure already present on the device. The ip device has no I/O like a keyboard or terminal.

If we want to use the same ip-connectivity as with RJ45 ethernet but over bluetooth , what is the right approach . We tried out some things but seem to get stuck with some or the other issue

* Bluetooth PAN on the ip device, in NAP mode. Enabled Bonjour to advertise the service. In this case iPAD seems to work fine , able to discover , connect and communicated. However, the device does not show up at all when using an iPhone.

Apparently looks like iPhone cannot initiate a PAN connection to the ip device and the initiation has to happen from the other end. However in our case the device has no I/O to do that and bluetooth is supposed to replace the RJ45 ethernet connection.

* Bluetooth PAN on the ip device in PANU mode . We can trigger a connection from the ip device to the iPhone , via the RJ45 ethernet connection. But the primary idea is to replace the RJ45 ethernet connection altogether with bluetooth. So this does not work for us.

Has anyone done PAN over bluetooth using iPhone, where the other alien non-ios based ip device with no I/O whatsoever. The idea is to establish a PAN connection between iPhone and the alien device without having access to the alien device by any other means.

Replies

Hello.

I'm currently working on the same topic.

Did you find a solution or a workaround that's capable?