Trouble activating Auto Unlock w/ public beta

I have an apple watch with 3.0, 2-factor authentication is on, and I have Sierra public beta running on a late 2015 macbook air.

i see the checkbox for auto-unlock, but when i click it it says: "Your Mac was unable to communicate with your apple watch."

i have signed in and out of icloud, rebooted the mac and the watch, and even unpaired and re-paired the watch

has anyone managed to get the auto unlock to work with beta 2 of the apple watch 3.0 and the public beta of sierra?

if so, how?

mike

Replies

I am having the same exact issue, I am running a Macbook Pro 15-inch Retina Late 2013. So far from what I have been reading, it is supposed to be supported but I have not been able to get past the "Your Mac cannot communicate with your Apple Watch" error when trying to enable Auto Unlock.

Update: I was able to get the Auto Unlock configured now. I had to sign off from iCloud in both Mac and iPhone paired with Apple Watch. When I signed back on, I was then asked if I wanted to turn on Auto Unlock in the Mac and then I was able to enable it. Looks like both Mac and iPhone need to ask for each other's passcode / passsword to be able to sync and talk to each other.

Hope this helps.