Rest Finger to unlock

Really like the idea of this feature, however it does not work. Anyone have any success with it?

Currently running on my 6, 128gb.

Replies

Yes, works properly. Iphone 6 plus, ios 10 beta 2. just worked fine with beta 1

Go to settings, there is a new on/off toggle for this

I see this settings on my iphone 5c, but i don't know how to use it

So does it actually move you from the lock sreen to the home screen when you just rest your finger on the home bottun? Cause for me it works the same as before: just remove lock icon on the top bar. No matter the toggle is of ore on in the settings. Pretty sad.

Where is it in the Settings?

Nothing under Touch ID & Passcode and search box can't find it.

Found it:

General->Accessibility->Home Button->Rest Finger To Unlock

Not sure why search couldn't find it.

What are you talking about? This feature currently changes nothing at all, you can unlock without pushing in both betas, but you still have to click the home button to get to the home screen.

The toggle currently does nothing for my 6 Plus or iPad Pro 12.9. No change from the Click to Unlock function of Beta 1.

This option does nothing on my iPhone 6 or iPad Mini 4 as well.

So it works with phone is locked and pressed home button once to turn the display on. When you put the finger on the Touch ID, it works. But lets say if you press the sleep/power button to wake the phone and then rest the finger on the Touch ID, it doesn't work.

Edit: So turns out, it infact doesn't do anything new from what it was doing in Beta 1. I am using iPhone 6.

Same here on iPhone 5.

How to use this feature in iPhone 5 or 5C? 😕

This feature will only be for devices with Touch ID.

I was hoping that it would allow me to unlock the phone straight to the home screen, but it didn't.

I noticed the same thing. Doesn't matter if the feature is on or off. Phone operates the same way. When it is turned on it should open the phone while screen is on and phone is locked once you rest your finger on the Touch ID sensor. What is the point in having it unlock the the phone at the lock screen if it doesn't open. What do you get out of this ? I want it back the way it was in iOS 9!