Xcode 8 iOS 10 simulator won't run

Hi guys,

Is anybody having the same issue as mine? Or have any idea to fix it? (I've tried resetting the simulator, clean project, restart Xcode 8, restart the machine, but none of them worked).

My app runs just fine with Xcode 7's simulators but not Xcode 8 simulator. I keep getting this error and it stopped right there.

I keep getting this error when trying to run -----> "The operation couldn’t be completed. (LSApplicationWorkspaceErrorDomain error -101.)

Thanks all.

Replies

Same issue here. It was working, all of the sudden stopped with same error message as threepenguins. I've deleted, reset simulators and restarted XCode 8. I've also deleted XCode 8 and reinstalled, same issue, although it seemed to save settings, not sure where to delete from in order to start from scratch totally for watchOS 3 which seems to be the problem.

Same issue for me as well. I started getting getting the message today. Quitting Xcode and relaunching temporarily solves the problem but it pops up again after a while. I tried reinstalling Xcode 8 as well, no bueno.

Same here. Guess I am glad it is not just me.

I figured it out - for me anyway: There was a glitch in the WKAppBundleIdentifier. Fixed it, and it ran fine.

Thanks.

What did you do to fix it?

I changed every location I could find, still now luck. If I do just a new WatchKit project from scratch, the iOS app starts but the watch simulator does not but I don't get the error. I only get the error on existing apps that were working before.

Does anyone know how to delete the simulators from the Mac and then reinstall them from scratch? Uninstalling Xcode 8 and reinstalling it didn't seem to accomplish that.

Found the created simulators, deleted those and re-created some, still same result: existing apps get the error message same as ThreePenguins. New apps, the simulator never runs, only the iOS portion.

My app doesn't even have a watchkit target 😟

Anyone else have any luck on getting it to work?

Not sure about the WatchKit target missing, but I finally got it to work as billcod did, but I had to edit the plists first to make sure the bundle names were correct, then edit via the target/general tabs, then accept the Xcode version for each target. Then I had to selecct the WatchKit scheme and pick the simulator there. Seems to be working now.

What I meant was my app is a normal iOS app, no watchkit support yet and it still have the issue.

Seeing exactly the same. Normal app, no watchkit extension, one target and I'm using cocoapods.

The project worked just normal for a while, the app was building and running on the simulator and out of a sudden, I get this error.

I have this problem as well

Same for me

I finally fixed my situation. I haven't identified the root cause for it, but I was able to get Xcode 8 to run again. Here's what I did:

- If you're like me, you're running both XCode 7 and 8 and switch between them. I think this might be a problem. So, I completely removed XCode 7 & 8, delete all the simulators' data for both. Note, even though you removed Xcode, you have to actually delete all the folders in /Application/path/to/Xcode/dataAndSimulator. Restart the machine, download Xcode 8 (only), install it and it should work again.

I didn't install XCode 7 again bc I'm afraid I'll have the same problem again. This is very odd. I didn't have this issue of running both version and switch between them. This might be a bug in the new (or old?) version. Anyway, I only run XCode 8 and the issue is completely gone now. Hope it helps you guys.

I've seen this as well. I was able to fix it by deleting the affected Simulator via Xcode's Device section, and recreating a new, equivalent one.