iOS 10 alarm volume

Anyone know how to change the alarm volume in iOS 10 beta. Not the new bedtime/wake up feature just the standard alarm. On previous versions you used the ringer volume but it doesn't work anymore. It's always super loud even with ringer volume/music volume on lowest?? Might be a bug?

Replies

In Settings, under Sounds, there's a slider to adjust the ringer/alert level. Right beneath it is a switch to control what the volume buttons do. It probably just got reset to off. Flip it back to on and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply, that switch is on and the buttons work for the ringer but the alarm volume isn't following it. I've tried to change the music volume and the wake up volume but still not changing. Maybe there are introducing a separate alarm volume setting but not yet implemented fully???

Hmm. Yes, I understand now why you're wondering. It doesn't seem right to me either. I'd say if it isn't fixed in the upcoming seed, file a bug report to make sure the engineers are aware that it needs work either one way or another.

I agree! I was not exactly happy when this happened to me this morning......I have already complained about it in the Feedback app. I went through the entire phone this morning and nothing is working. I don't like using the home button to unlock my phone either. The alarm volume is my most major pet peeve though. So glad I'm not the only one!

And of course the battery is draining like nobodies business!

Try leaving your phone on "low power mode" in your setting under battery, it should last the whole day like that. I turn mine on every morning and it lasts the whole day for me. Hope this helps!

This is my second day with the iOS 10 alarm and I was having the same issue, I couldn't figure out the volume to save my life and it was killing me that it was SO LOUD. And then I realized my gf also has iOS 10 but her alarm is still quiet. She has a different tone as her alarm so I changed mine too and now it's much better. Try changing your alarm tone. And see if that helps. It was originally "opening" and I changed it to "radar"

Although it is lower, Radar has high and low sounds to it, so its not working as a solution.

I really think Apple needs to fix this (hopefully sooner then later), I cannot keep waking up before my alarm goes off, just to avoid the sound. That makes the use of an alarm void. I understand the they have the new Bedtime feature, which is all well and good, but I dont need an alarm to tell me when to go to bed. My body does that automatically... and I have young kids so my bed time is never the same. If they made "Bedtime" only to go to sleep and then a "Wakeup" feature to only wake me up, that would be fine, just as long as the volume can be controlled.

The Alarm feature has been around forever, how did they mess this up, again, realizing this is beta, I am still surprised, this was release as such.

Bedtime has an alarm volume slider in the options menu. While it doesn't adjust the standard alarm, it does give you an alternative alarm which also has the benefit of a volume fade in.

Totally agree!! I prefer this be fixed as soon as possible as I rely on my alarms for A LOT of things and don't want to be scared out of a dead sleep because fo the volume. Apple should not be able to dictate how loud my alarm volume should be, thats my decision.

I quit using my alarms to wake up because they are sooooo loud!! i have tried a million different things and nothing works! I wake up to songs so changing the tone isn't going to do anything for me.

The bedtime isn't going to do anything for me either.

same problem over here, you can't set the alarm clock volume since iOS 10 DP1 (see https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/157047).

Now, since iOS 10 DP4, the "snooze" function is also broken. It always snoozes wether the switch is set to on or off.

I agree. All users depend on a working alarm function and I just witnessed it fall 3 times. When the alarm triggers, all volume turns off and the phone merely vibrates. Hold on... I take that back. The 6:15 am alarm just went off. I had just finished editing that alarm and reassigning the radar sound and saving it. It now works. I'll check it again with and without reassigning the sound and in silent mode switch on and off. thanks

Found a repeatable test case. I listen to a music app - Family Radio - in the background. This plays music as expected until the alarm goes off. When it triggers the phone just vibrates when on silent mode and all sounds stop - no alarm, no music. Going in and editing the alarm's sound setting for a given time slot seems to do the trick. In fact you can click to assign the sound once and radar sound will ring and radio app's music will play too. Click again to reassign the same radar sound and both music will stop and phone will only vibrate. Try it out.

im so sick of apple updates. All the reviewers were raving how great ios 10 is so like an ***** i updated. Bad move. No video playback on any platforms. All alert/alarm sounds cannot be disabled even though you disable sounds in settings the sounds still ring out. Their are so many bugs in ios 10 i am honestly going to samsung when my at&t contract is up. This update is the absolute worst. The new features **** and the old features no longer even work. Jobs is rolling in his grave. Ope-gotta go-i hear a reminder alarm-which i tried to disable but couldnt because its junk.

What I really don't understand is why there are no seperate settings for alarms and phone ringer volume.

Also it seems I can no longer use the hardware buttons to control ringer volume, even with the 'Change with Buttons' switch on.

[edit] it seems adjusting the ringer volume with the volume buttons starts to work once you've set at least one alarm to active.

I'm sad that the policy of 'bugless' releases has gone into the grave along with Steve.