In-app purchases failing in Testflight

We are experiencing widespread issues (on all versions of iOS) with Testflight In-App purchases failing. Purchases are working as expected in Sandbox environment with Sandbox testers created in iTunes Connect.

Normally what used to happen is that we could send a build to our Testflight group and they could use a production App Store account to make purchases (The Apple prompt already says that the purchase is in Beta and they will not be charged. However, now whats happening is the purchase fails with a "Cannot connect to iTunes" error.

To confirm, the SKProducts are loaded perfectly, even a Restore purchase seems to work. Its just buying anything that fails.

We have tested using a Sandbox account in TestFlight and this actually works which is not what we expect since Sandbox testers shouldnt work in Testflight?

Anyone else experiencing this

Replies

We have been experiencing the exact same problem, having noticed it last night for the first time. As in your case, the Sandbox testers can make purchases but we get the error with the Testflight purchases.

Yeah, I am seeing no problem with Sandbox testers but for every testflight IAP (in my case, an auto-renewable subscription) I get "SSErrorDomain" Code = 100.

Note - above is for restoring a purchase, for actual purchase it's error code 0 Cannot connect ot the iTunes Store.

The same things. Yesterday it works fine. Today - it does'n work.

I made several builds thinking it my fault. And only now I seen I'm not alonein this problem.

Will Apple fix it?

Yes I have the same issue. Using Test Flight for the first time and already ran into an issue 😟

Same issue with us. Very frustrating as i can't find a way to confirm apple is having issues. Status board says testflight is working, nobody we can call...

Same here, Sandbox restore and purchase works, Testflight not.

This started happening to me yesterday around the same time my TestFlight app stopped functioning, so I'm speculating they upgraded their TestFlight servers but messed up iAP in the process.

Same here. Filed a bug report 26990867 "TestFlight betas unable to refresh receipt, restore and buy IAPs"

Us too.

Same here.

Daniel

I'm having the same issue. I have 3 IAP's in my app, with an option to restore all. 2 of the 3 IAP's unlock and restore and are accessible no problem. 1 of the IAP's says it is restored (if Restore purchase is selected) and if buy is selected I get the "Cannot Connect to iTunes" error. After either Restored Successfully or "Cannot connect to iTunes" - when feature is accessed the original "Buy / Restore or Not Now" pop up comes up. User cannot access feature. My coder is saying it is working fine for him. I am afraid to submit this version without confirmation. Are you saying you believe that this is a Testflight / ITC issue, and actually shouldn't be a problem in a live version of the app? The curious thing to be is that the other 2 IAP's are not delivering this message are accessible through testflight after either buy or restore are selected.

Would appreciate your insights. Thank you!

just noticed this forum posting. I've received a DTS incident and am investigating the issue. I need a console log taken with the StoreKit profile active. I have one developer who submitted a DTS incident, but for any other who can replicate the problem, I can provide the StoreKit profile to trigger StoreKit logging and provide instructions to capture the console log.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

I have the same problem. Sandbox testing works, using Sandbox testing account in Testflight works (tested purchase only at this point) but internal testing account does not. I have no idea how to use StoreKit logging with console log though 😊 but happy giving it a try.

In case it helps further: when using Restore ( I call SKReceiptRefreshRequest as I use local receipt validation for a non-consumable in app purchase) Testflight seems to know that I am the internal testing user and prompts me for password for interal testing user and then restore fails.

When using Purchase via [[SKPaymentQueue defaultQueue] addPayment:payment]; AND I am not signed in as the internal tester in Settings, then I have the option to use existing or new Apple ID. When using a Sandbox testing account it is possible to purchase with all logic working.

Off to bed now, emotionally drained from the Brexit 😝

We are having the same issue. We have been testing our in app purchase TestFlight app and it has been working great until 6/22. It gives us an error "Cannot connect to iTunes Store". The error is returned by SKPaymentTransaction where transactionState is SKPaymentTransactionStateFailed. Can Apple confirm this issue? When will it be fixed?

As of this evening (6/24), the problem appears to have gone away for my app, SuperScore Music.

Another, long standing problem seems to have gone away as well: In recent months, we would always see a request to sign into iTunes whenever we launched or switched to the TestFlight version of our app. Tonight, that problem disappeared from one of our testing iPads. In the case of another, the problem went away after we restored all in-app purchases.