Constantly running out of memory?

Took me a couple times before I even realized this might be Siera, but might be so thought i'd post here.

I have a 2012 MBP Retina with 16gb RAM. I have never, ever, since I bought it been presented with a screen before telling me I am out of memory and need to close apps. Since installign Siera Beta 1 I have had it happen 3 times.

Each time it has happened kernal_task has been using like 9-10gb of RAM.

Replies

I have a similar issue with my 2012 iMac. Sierra is using a tremendous amount of RAM. Everything is extremely slow. My 2015 MBP hasn't had any issues though, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Had it happen a couple more times since posting this. I literally *never* saw this happen before installing Sierra on this machine. I don't really know how to report such a nebulous thing though.

> how to report

Apple sysdiagnose is your friend (search Stack Exchange for sysdiagnose perrin).

In the compressed end result, amongst the files will be something that should help Apple to identify the cause(s) of the problem.

I too have a smiliar issue with the memory. The process "keyboardserviced" is rising and rising like forever. The highest ampunt of RAM-usage i've seen is 29GB of RAM which is just insane. I'm using a late 2013 iMac with 8GB of RAM, and have never experiensed any issues before installing Mac OS Sirra.

Just installed macOS 10.12.1 beta 1 and memory is horrible. I have an iMac with 8GB of ram. Under El Capitan memory free hovered around 4.5-5.5 GB. With this release I'm at 2.8 GB free and it goes down from there rapidly. Everything is running very slow also. Programs take longer to start and are sluggish. SIRI take minutes to start and respond. Hope beta 2 is not far away.