iOS 10 Quick Reply from lock screen issue

A majority of the time when replying to a message from the lock screen, the keyboard and predictive words will show but no input box or send button making it impossible to respond to a text. I've tried multiple different things from resetting phone to hard reboots to fix but nothing seems to work. I've submitted a bug in the bug reporter and hoping others did too making this a priority bug to be fixed in the next beta. If anyone has figured out a fix, please share.

Replies

On my phone it lets me reply on lock screen but one very annoying thing that happens is that while I'm replying the screen goes to sleep it doesn't stay open for the time I am replying

I've read about that bug too, fortunately that hasn't happend to me yet.

So far I haven't had any issues with quick reply itself, but I find it annoying how there isn't a setting that allows the pop up thread box that allows it to load all text messages instead of the one you are replying too. Sometimes I forget what I replied earlier so I still have to open up the message app itself.

You mean not being able to see the full conversation only their responses?

I am having all of these issues!
I'm using the iOS 10 Beta version and before I updated to Beta 3 on Wednesday replying from lock wasn't a big issue. Now it *****!! I hold the text (I have the iPhone 6s with 3D Touch) and a blank message pops open, sometimes there is a lag in the keyboard popping up but now it does nothing. When I go into messages manually I start replying to the text that I was trying to reply to from the lock screen and the message box disappears and I have to go out of that message thread and back. I've done several power offs and hard reboots and it works for one or 2 messages and then quits working. I also don't like how it doesn't tell you who you are responding to even though you hit reply for a reson. The persons name needs to be at the top of the box! When it did work correctly if the box disappeared when I went to messages manually the whole message I typed would be gone......before the message was there waiting for me to finish.

I have reported this "feedback" in the Feedback app that is with the Beta version. My friend is also having the same issue and will be complaining to Feedback as well. I have MANY other complaints as well but replying from lock is so natural to me anymore I hate going all the way into my phone just to reply to a quick text.

Yes I'm having this same problem have you found a solution for it yet?

Not sure if you figured this out yet but in order to Reply from Lock Screen all you have to do is go to "Touch ID &a password", enter your password, scroll down and turn on "reply with text". When you get a text message simply press and hold the text message, that should open the text and the keyboard should appear. Hope this helps !

Press and hold the message the same way you would when you delete and app.