iOS 9.3.3 OTA Profile

So I had iOS 10 Developer Beta on my iPhone 6S+ for a short time but there were too many bugs that became rather annoying for daily work/life use. I restored my device using the 9.3.3 Beta 2 IPSW and have been happy.

I presumed there would be additional 9.3.3 Beta versions..? So I went to install the 9.3.3 OTA profile and after rebooting it's pushing me to iOS 10 Beta??? Is this suppose to happen? If so, why is there a separate iOS10 OTA profile?

9.3.3 OTA Profile Filename --> iOS_beta_Software_Profile

10 OTA Profile Filename --> iOS_10_beta_Configuration_Profile

Does this imply there will be no more versions of 9.3.3? If not then why hasn't it been released? If there is a V3 of 9.3.3 then how to we upgrade OTA?

-Nick

Replies

I have the same problem. Is there any way to update to the new 9.3.3 Beta via OTA?

Don't think so... Apple pulled the old OTA update profile -- they must have noticed the problem too. I suspect they will repost a correct update profile later today.

Patrick, I received a response from Apple:

They apologized for the confusion but now that iOS 10 has been released to developers the 9.3.3 developer program has ended. So go to http://beta.apple.com and use your developer credentials to join the Apple Beta and download the OTA profile. It will install 9.3.3 Beta 3 via OTA onto your device.

(I just verified this and it works!)

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I also updated to the new OTA profile. Everthing works Ok.

I've tried that and it still wants to install iOS 10 beta 1 😟

Shoud I use developer credentials or non-developer Apple ID?

EDIT: OK, got it. The problem was that I already had downloaded iOS10b1 update (but didn't install it). So I had to remove it via: Settings > General > Storage / Usage > Manage Storage. After that the now iOS9 beta OTA profile worked fine and I was able to get iOS 9.3.3b3.