LLDB RPC server has crashed

XCode 8.0 beta (8S128d) debugger passes crashes most of the time. Anyone else seen this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of iainfromnull Down vote post of iainfromnull
26k views

Replies

Can you elaborate? What do you mean by "passes crashes" exactly? What are the symptoms, and under what circumstances do you see it happening?

Yeah I'm experiencing the same crash. It gives me the same message. To temporarily avoid it, I just quit Xcode and reopened my Playground. But it ends up crashing a little later everytime. If someone could guide me on how to submit a Bug Report, that'd be great. Just started learning to code today!

Bugreport: 27017065

Presumably this bug keeps Playground from displaying the results via Debug Area.

UPDATE: I cannot be 100% sure that missing any output from Playground is stricktly related with LLDB RPC server failure. The server seems to restart automatically when terminated, however, this restart does not affect the Playground to produce the output again...

UPDATE 2: I have submitted another bugreport 27018553 specifically related to Playground not producing the QuickLook and Debug outputs. I believe this is because some REPL failure (is it the same as LLDB RPC server or backed by it?). I also cannot confirm that LLDB RPC server failure is direcly related to Playground not producing any output, because even though the LLDB RPC server is restarted, Playground still does not produce outputs.

Same issue i am facing The LLDB RPC server has crashed.

The playground issue described by the bug report you cited is understood, and it's an interaction with the compiler that we're actively investigating. Thank you for confirming the nature of the issue!

Is this a crash when using a playground as with the other reports in this thread, or does this occur while debugging? In the former case it's likely a duplicate of the issue reported above – but it never hurts to file a bug if you have a reproducible example.

How could I solved this issue? I can not run any swift code snippets in palyground.😟

Hi, thank you. I saw, 26883783 is duplicated now, which is good. There is also 27018553 where I put some more specific issue I had been facing with. Maybe that might be helpfull too.

There is a question, though. I would like to understand the connection (from architecture point of view) between REPL and LLDB RPC server. I know, that REPL backed by LLDB. I also understand that LLDB RPC is now a separated process, so when it is crashed that does not lead to Xcode crash. But, this is all I know. Could you please point out some docs, I could gain more understanding of this?

Thank you in advance.

I have been getting this since I started using Version 8.0 (8A218a), on an app with no Swift. 28212160 filed.

Is there some solution for this issue? Everytime I try to run my application the debugger disconnects. I tried to restart Xcode, Mac, reinstall Xcode and I still cannot debug my application. I use Xcode Version 8.1 beta (8T29o). What can I do to start LLDB RPC server again?

Ok, after 2 days, clean install of Sierra and Xcode, it keeps crashing. Now I believe it has something to do with the project itself because new empty project works fine.

Edit:

I found, it crashes immediately when I place breakpoint in one certain class of my project.

Same behaviour with XCode 8.2.1 and Mac OSx 10.12.3. It depends upon where the breakpoint is set. Crashes always in int main(..)

Same bug still happening even on running app on simulator on the latest xCode SDK

Please flle a bug report with the crash reports and a project that reproduces the crash. Thanks!

I have the same error, it happened after I :

1, Select your TARGET --> Build Phases

2, Click Run Script to show the list

3, Select Run script only when installing

4, Clean your project and run the project again

5, Have a breakpoint at any place in one of your classes

When the program run to the breakpoint , The error will produce, at the same time, Xcode will lose connection with your device !