New Individuals Membership

Hi all, hope somebody can help me.

If I register for a membership for Individuals ($99) does this then give me the ability to create a TEAM inside Xcode?

I need to be able to generate keys for push notifications from a web site and cannot do it without a membership as it wants a team as part of the process.

Thanks in advance

Mitch

Replies

Is it possible that anyone can help me? the Apple developer web site and information is very cryptic with regards to creating a team, there surely must be someone here with a simple yes or no.

Hi Mitch, With the individual account you will have access to a team. Don't worry, an individual account will allow you to do everything you need for push notifications and app development for the App Store. The main reason you would need a company account would be if you wanted to let other people (employees/freelancers) sign and submit the app to the App Store for you without giving away your password. Hope that helps!

Yes.

Before you can access 'Website Push IDs' via the Member Center, you need to have a paid Individual Developer Account.

A 'Team' in terms of Xcode is currently a default for auto codesigning is why it's being pushed as a (top level) requirement. Push notifications are one of the things devs can utilize once enrolled, so you would need a paid Individual Developer Account in any case.

See 'Supported Capabilities' here and be sure to read the notes for the table:

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDistributionGuide/SupportedCapabilities/SupportedCapabilities.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40012582-CH38-SW1