Xcode 8 IB can't zoom?

IB is not letting me zoom on ANY storyboard. I have tried creating a new storyboard, and even a new project (MacOS and iOS) and I can't zoom in IB using any method for any storyboard file. And in the Editor -> Zoom menu all of the zoom options are greyed out. I have also tried restarting Xcode. Anybody else having a similar issue?

Accepted Reply

Have you tried moving aside ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist, or using Xcode from a different/new user account on the same machine?

A bug report would be a good first step to help us investigate. Thanks!

Replies

I'm seeing this behaviour running Xcode 8 on macOS Sierra.

Have you tried moving aside ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist, or using Xcode from a different/new user account on the same machine?

A bug report would be a good first step to help us investigate. Thanks!

I believe this is what eventually fixed the issue for me. However, I also deleted the DerivedData folder at the same time so I can't be 100% sure. But it is now working. Thank you!

I deleted ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist and I still can't zoom in the storyboard. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be using to do it -- Editor > Zoom? All the menu items are grayed out.

This fix did not work for me either. I cannot use the zoom menu under editor because they are all grayed out. I can't use keyboard shortcuts either. I am working on a MacBook Air 13". If anyone finds another solution, please post it here.

I have the same issue.

Same issue here, I submitted a bug report.

It appears (to me) that this might be a Xcode project type issue. If I create an Objective C macOS project, zooming the storyboard does NOT work. If I create an Objective C iOS project, zooming the storyboard DOES works. I have had two other developers try this and they got the same results.

UPDATE: Just found this in the release notes: “Storyboard and xib files support smooth zooming across iOS, tvOS, and watchOS, as well as editing at any zoom level. “. Zooming macOS storyboards is apparently not supported.

Just for clarification is zoom on MacOS projects not supported or is it just broken/ a bug?

I verified that zoom does work for IOS projects just not MacOS

I might be crazy but I swear it was working up until a little while ago.

Could this even possibly be true???? Why on earth would it be that we can't zoom IB for a macOS project????

Same here. Sierra 10.12.1 Removing the pref file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist,) had no effect. The zoom menu is greyed out. Keys have no effect.

Why has this still not been addressed and patched by Apple? Has anyone heard from Apple?

Same here..

Just installed the new update 8.2.1 (8C1002) but the problem still exists 😟

Also made a total clean installation on my new MB Pro 2016, so I doubt if it would be somewhere within the preference files as mentioned above.

Zooming on iOS storyboards works fine, just not on macOS storyboards (neither existing ones as ones created with a new project).

For larger projects with a lot of windows/views, it's a big pain in the -you know- to find views or view segue connections.. 😟

Same here. Removing the prefs file doesn't help.

Xcode 8.2.1, Sierra 10.12.3

App is targeting macOS