Pulse Secure not working

I have 5.1.5 running on 10.12 and get the statements of:

Pulse Secure is turned off, and when trying to add another site, I get "Failed to connect to the Pulse Secure Service"

Anyone encountered this yet?

Replies

I'm seeing that as well with Pulse Secure 5.2.1 (227).

I had saved servers and those showed up in the menu. I could start a connection to a VPN site, enter my credentials, etc. But when it got to the point of starting a secure connection the configurations disappeared and I can't add any more back in and the ones I had saved are not listed.

There are a bunch of crash reports in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ for the process dsAccessService which is kicked off by the LaunchDaemon /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.pulsesecure.AccessService.plist. Running the command the LD uses maunally as root results in a segmentation fault: 11. Seems to be a code issue in that backend service.

-Eric

I'm in the same boat with 10.12 running Pulse Secure v5.1.9

This same thing happened during the 10.11 beta but there was a workaround then that involved adding two certs to the System keychain and changing the trust. Unfortunately that trick doesn't work this time around.

Here is the workaround from last year for reference

https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-connect-secure/1000011-issues-with-mac-os-x-10-11-el-capitan

Same problem, with my iMac and macbook running Sierra. Interesting that it not only fails but it deletes the configuration completely as meredith_corp says.

Issue is present with latest beta of Pulse Secure 5.2r3.0-b537. Only workaround so far seems to be installing VMware Fusion and downgrading to lesser version of MacOS or Windows 10 and VPN from that session.

In an interesting turn, I got it to work on Pulse 5.0.3. Not sure what the change is...

Wow the is odd. Is it stable at all?

Yes, it sure is. Suggest giving that a shot...

Thanks for the info! Do you know where can I find the 5.0.3 download?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of kcft Down vote reply of kcft

It doesn't actually delete the configuration as the files are still present in /Library/Application\ Support/Pulse\ Secure/Pulse and opening them up shows that the config data is still there. It's just that the backend process that reads them is crashing so they don't show up in the menu.

I've asked my Pulse admin to see if he can download version 5.0.3 to test that theory.

-Eric

I found a copy of 5.0.3 on the pulse forums..

https://forums.pulsesecure.net/topic/pulse-desktop-clients/1000948-md5-hash-for-junos-pulse-5-0-3-44983-on-mac

https://www.net.usf.edu/vpn/MacOS/JunosPulse.dmg

Its a bit buggy, but certainly works better than using current 5.2.1 which fails constantly.

I installed 5.0.3 and it's working fine here, too.

Good enough for now but keep filing the bugs.

Anyone has a tip on where to find 5.0.3? I already tried through Pulse Secure Support and they tell me to contact my IT dept. But my IT dept just brushes me off because they will let me use pulse in my personal mac but they do not offer support.

I tried posting a link to 5.0.3, but it is stuck in moderation.

If you search google 'MD5 Hash for Junos Pulse 5.0.3' there is a link the the juniper pulse web forums with a link to 5.0.3 a few comments down..

Its a bit buggy, but certainly works better than using current 5.2.1 which fails constantly.

Thanks, jakecast! Got it!

this was a lifesaver, thanks!