Code signing is required for product

Hello,

yesterday I've updated my devices to macOS Sierra beta, iOS 10 beta and Xcode 8 beta.

When I woke up today I wanted to continue writing my app I'm currently working on for a fire protection company.

I've imported my project in Xcode 8 and updated the Swift syntax. Afterwards I tried to build the project and I got the following error message:

Signing for Pods-APPNAME requires a development team. Select a development team in the Target Editor.

Code signing is required for product type 'Framework' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

Before updating, all my products compiled without an error.

As you can see I'm using some Pods like Firebase and Almofire. I've already removed Almofire temporarily because I was getting the same error for it and I do not have to do a lot of HTTP request. It is not a huge deal working without Almofire.

Firebase seems to work flawlessly.

My question is: How can I fix the error? I've been searching for about 6 hours today and I couldn't find a solution.

PS Xcode Automatic signing is activated and I've recreated my certificates a couple of times.

Best regards

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

...darn... 😉

This worries me, tho: Code signing is required for product type 'Framework' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

What happens if you build a new project, your choice of template, then try to run/test it on your device?

As well, it might not be a good idea to "continue writing my app" with the beta. I'd only work on a copy, and then just to experiment. You can't submit apps with beta tools, so you might want to 'continue' with release tools, instead.

Replies

Try an option-clean build folder...maybe all that updating left some cruft - just remember it's an early beta 😉

As well, confirm a/the right Team is selected in code signing.

execute "xattr -rc ."both in DerivedData directory and Project directory

That worked for me,Hope this helps.

I agree that

xattr -rc

is definitely the answer. I think the issue is "heightened security" with the latest version of the `codesign` command-line tool, which of course Xcode uses. I was attempting to codesign an AppleScript bundle using that tool, and got the same resource fork, finder information, or similar detritus not allowed error. I have signed this bundle for years with Xcode 7 or earlier, and macOS 10.11 or earlier, and never had a problem. I found that the bundle itself had these extended attributes:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.metadata:kMDLabel_55jrfjefwdbulgyssk2kuyqciy

an old Perl script inside Contents/Resources/Scripts had these extended attributes:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.TextEncoding

and finally the main.scpt file, also inside Contents/Resources/Scripts had these:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.ResourceFork

Only after I removed the extended attributes from all three items would `codesign` work.

I've submitted Bug.27727935 to Apple regarding this issue - the error should be better explained.

worked for me

This is the answer!

I had the same issue with the helper App within an Mac App.

I can confirm as well that executing

xattr -rc .

within the project directory solved the signing issue.

Thanks!