13 Replies
      Latest reply on Sep 10, 2016 11:01 PM by Pytheas
      schmidi000 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello,

yesterday I've updated my devices to macOS Sierra beta, iOS 10 beta and Xcode 8 beta.

When I woke up today I wanted to continue writing my app I'm currently working on for a fire protection company.

I've imported my project in Xcode 8 and updated the Swift syntax. Afterwards I tried to build the project and I got the following error message:

Signing for Pods-APPNAME requires a development team. Select a development team in the Target Editor.

Code signing is required for product type 'Framework' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

Before updating, all my products compiled without an error.

As you can see I'm using some Pods like Firebase and Almofire. I've already removed Almofire temporarily because I was getting the same error for it and I do not have to do a lot of HTTP request. It is not a huge deal working without Almofire.

Firebase seems to work flawlessly.

My question is: How can I fix the error? I've been searching for about 6 hours today and I couldn't find a solution.

PS Xcode Automatic signing is activated and I've recreated my certificates a couple of times.

Best regards

• Re: Code signing is required for product
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,835 points)

Try an option-clean build folder...maybe all that updating left some cruft - just remember it's an early beta

As well, confirm a/the right Team is selected in code signing.

Thanks for your fast answer but it didn't work

Yes the right Team is selected.

Regards

jordan-noodle Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

same issue here.  Code signing not working for product type 'Framework' xcode dependancies...

...darn...

This worries me, tho: Code signing is required for product type 'Framework' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

What happens if you build a new project, your choice of template, then try to run/test it on your device?

As well, it might not be a good idea to "continue writing my app" with the beta. I'd only work on a copy, and then just to experiment. You can't submit apps with beta tools, so you might want to 'continue' with release tools, instead.

I know, it was a stupid idea.

The funny thing is i forgot to push my changes to Bitbucket

Creating a new project is working.

I'm trying to add some Cocoa Pods to it.

Status update: Working with Pods does not work. Still getting the same error.

From the Xcode 8 Release Notes:

Signing

• The Xcode automatic signing system may fail to sign your app if you add your account or change your password while your project is open.

Workaround: Close and reopen the project. (25627172)

• Developer ID apps using profiles will not work on versions of macOS prior to 10.10.

Workaround: Explicitly install the profile before running the app. (26013718)

• Xcode can sometimes get stuck when switching signing methods, and the new signing settings

don't take effect.

Workaround: Close and reopen the project. (26101127)

• Xcode 8 will migrate from the deprecated PROVISIONING_PROFILE setting to PROVISIONING_PROFILE_SPECIFIER when opening projects only if the latter setting is empty. (26281413)

• Downloading profiles using the “Download All Profiles” button intermittently skips some profiles. Workaround: Use the developer website to download any missing profiles. (26412212)

• Free accounts may experience issues launching apps on the watch for the first time.

Workaround: Launch the app manually on the device and click “Trust” when the security sheet appears. You should be able to launch the app from Xcode. (26629630)

• Messages extensions signed with a personal team may fail to run on a device.

Workaround: On the device, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, tap on the profile name that authorized this app, and tap Trust. (26359174)

• New tvOS provisioning profiles will not be created for Enterprise teams. (26709764)

stcroppe Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

"Not sure if the following is your issue. It plagued me for a while.

I too have Frameworks which also needed to be signed. After product clean AND removing of all Derived data I managed to get a single build through and then the code signing error...

resource fork, finder information, or similar detritus not allowed

Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

Kept showing up. After some research in these forums I tripped over the issue of resource forks and in particular "com.apple.FinderInfo".

In your derived data folder(s) if you run ls -la@ <file-name> or ls -laR@ <folder-name> and you see a resource extension for "com.apple.FinderInfo" I think that will be your culprit. You have to remove it somehow. The forums suggest that xattr -c <file-name> should do the trick but it didn't work for me. I ended up having to delete the derived data hierarchy.

What I have found, and will file a bug report on, is that during the xcode build cycle the main App <application>.app folder was somehow being tagged with the com.apple.FinderInfo resource and I don't know why (perhaps a finder bot working in background or an xcode bug?

Hope this helps.

goldendreams Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

execute "xattr -rc ."both in DerivedData directory and Project directory

That worked for me,Hope this helps.

jerrykrinock Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I agree that

xattr -rc

is definitely the answer.  I think the issue is "heightened security" with the latest version of the `codesign` command-line tool, which of course Xcode uses.  I was attempting to codesign an AppleScript bundle using that tool, and got the same resource fork, finder information, or similar detritus not allowed  error.  I have signed this bundle for years with Xcode 7 or earlier, and macOS 10.11 or earlier, and never had a problem.  I found that the bundle itself had these extended attributes:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.metadata:kMDLabel_55jrfjefwdbulgyssk2kuyqciy

an old Perl script inside Contents/Resources/Scripts had these extended attributes:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.TextEncoding

and finally the main.scpt file, also inside Contents/Resources/Scripts had these:

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.ResourceFork

Only after I removed the extended attributes from all three items would `codesign` work.

I've submitted Bug.27727935 to Apple regarding this issue - the error should be better explained.

ecumedesjours Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

worked for me

mathson Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

This is the answer!

Pytheas Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I had the same issue with the helper App within an Mac App.

I can confirm as well that executing

xattr -rc .

within the project directory solved the signing issue.

Thanks!